Possibly coming to the dark side. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Possibly coming to the dark side.

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Rubicon express discounts from oconee off-road

Unread 08-17-2013, 03:10 PM   #1
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Possibly coming to the dark side.

Hey guys, I have a 2006 TJ with 76k miles on it. There is a guy on Craigslist in my area with a 2000 XJ in blue near MINT with 45k miles on it and he wants to trade for a TJ. He seems very interested in mine. It's a super clean Jeep and I may just do it even though my TJ may be worth a bit more. You don't come across one this clean everyday. What say you JF, good deal?

http://charlotte.craigslist.org/cto/4006629812.html

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
There are no women on the internet either. Learn that. It's a fact.
-Zach
2006_Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2013, 03:16 PM   #2
JudoMahler

I would ask for a couple hundred dollars in addition.
JudoMahler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2013, 03:18 PM   #3
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudoMahler View Post
I would ask for a couple hundred dollars in addition.
I thought about that too, even though my Jeep isn't super clean it's still worth a bit more. But I feel like he'll back out if I do considering it is apparently for his daughter, it has a locker and the inside of the tub is bedlined haha.

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
-Zach
Unread 08-17-2013, 07:05 PM   #4
Motorcharge
1992 XJ Cherokee 

It's fair imo. 00-01 XJs with under 100k are pretty in demand, the mileage effects the price big time. That would sit on our lot at work (Nissan/Subaru dealership) for maybe a day before someone grabbed it for $10k+. Last 00 we had traded in in decent shape (not as clean as this one) had 60k on it and we sold it for $13k iirc before it even got to the actual lot. Granted it's a little different from a dealer but the demand is there.
Unread 08-17-2013, 07:51 PM   #5
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorcharge View Post
It's fair imo. 00-01 XJs with under 100k are pretty in demand, the mileage effects the price big time. That would sit on our lot at work (Nissan/Subaru dealership) for maybe a day before someone grabbed it for $10k+. Last 00 we had traded in in decent shape (not as clean as this one) had 60k on it and we sold it for $13k iirc before it even got to the actual lot. Granted it's a little different from a dealer but the demand is there.
Yeah the only thing tempting me to do it is the miles and how clean it is. Kinda outweighs the head issues it may or may not have though. I may meet up with him on monday to see what the deal is. I'm still iffy about it cause I still really like my TJ

Quote:
-Zach
Unread 08-20-2013, 04:02 AM   #6
XJmike0122
2001 XJ Cherokee 

That's crazy low miles. Less than 3500 miles a year. Mine was $7,200 with 94k on her when I bought her from a dealership. Your probably never going to see an XJ with miles that low ever again. P.S. I think there is to much negativity about the 0331 head. Yeah the older 4.0 head holds up to heat better, but if the temp stays in the normal range you should be ok just like with any other vehicles. Show me a post were the head blew with the temp never going over the normal temp range. IMHO the 0331 head fails from abuse by lack of maintenance.
XJmike0122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2013, 09:07 AM   #7
cbenez1
1991 XJ Cherokee 

And by the way you are already on the "Dark Side"
cbenez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2013, 12:44 PM   #8
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Decided to bail on it. The TJ was going to be for his daughter and I didn't feel comfortable doing that considering it wasn't a "daughter" vehicle. It has a locker in the front and **** like that and it would just be a waste. That's not why I built my Jeep the way I did. Just gonna hold on to it and make it better

Quote:
-Zach
Unread 08-20-2013, 04:19 PM   #9
98muddyjeep
rockin lil red wagon

1998 XJ Cherokee 

What is this dark side you speak of? Maybe you should look at the headlight upgrade post.
Unread 08-20-2013, 07:06 PM   #10
XJmike0122
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98muddyjeep View Post
What is this dark side you speak of? Maybe you should look at the headlight upgrade post.
XJmike0122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2013, 07:33 PM   #11
ibjeepin95
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006_Sport
Decided to bail on it. The TJ was going to be for his daughter and I didn't feel comfortable doing that considering it wasn't a "daughter" vehicle. It has a locker in the front and **** like that and it would just be a waste. That's not why I built my Jeep the way I did. Just gonna hold on to it and make it better
I'd keep the TJ. Especially if you want to continue wheeling something hard. XJ's can do it, but
you'll have less headache keeping a TJ in one piece.
ibjeepin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2013, 02:12 PM   #12
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98muddyjeep View Post
how much lift do I need for 31s?

Totally kidding.

Quote:
-Zach
Unread 08-21-2013, 02:18 PM   #13
98muddyjeep
rockin lil red wagon

1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006_Sport View Post

how much lift do I need for 31s?

Totally kidding.
Seven inch lift would be fine as long as you promise to wave at every jeep you see so noobs on here stop getting butt hurt and making up wave threads.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.