Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Who should be the JF May 2013 Cherokee Of The Month?

Vote in the May Cherokee Of The Month contest!!!

7K views 59 replies 18 participants last post by  cbenez1 
#1 ·
COTM Voting Rules and Guidelines

If your entry makes it to the final poll you have one opportunity to vote for yourself if you choose to do so.
A minimum of 25 technical posts are required to participate in the voting process.
If you are found cheating in anyway, you will be disqualified from the contest and not be allowed to enter again. In some cases you may also be banned. The following would be considered cheating:

1. Making multiple accounts to vote for yourself or asking anyone else to create new accounts to vote for you.
2. Asking your friends to register on JeepForum.com so they can vote for you. Excessive new member votes could be not counted.
3. Posts or threads anywhere within JeepForum.com asking for votes.
4. Promoting your entry on any other website asking people to vote for you - this includes threads, signatures, or anything hinting at the fact that you are competing.
5. Slander will not be tolerated under any condition or reason. This contest is intended to be fun so keep the discussion positive natured.
6. Do not post extra pictures of contestant rigs in the voting thread. There is a three picture limit for entries.

This contest is for the members of JF to decide. The only advertising you are allowed to do for yourself is in your JF signature but please do so in a tasteful way, just keep it in line with other JF signatures.
Let's have good clean poll thread here thanks.

See less See more
#2 ·
Here are this month's awesome entries!

It's time to get the May Cherokee Of The Month poll thread started.
This month we have 5 spectacular XJ's for your viewing pleasure, each of which has undeniable winning qualities. It's up to you to help decide who will be this year's JeepForum May Cherokee Of The Month. Take the time to check these rigs out and when you find your favorite, show your support and approval by casting your vote.

Also please click the
button just under the poll to help keep this thread up all week in the top voted/crawled threads on the JF Forum homepage.

Feel free to post up with positive comments or discussion and bump this thread as needed. This poll will close one week from today.
Here are your May 2013 COTM entries in the order received. Let's get this started and see where it goes! :2thumbsup:

DNFJ said:
Year: 2000

Model: Cherokee Sport

Drive Train: 4.0L, AW4, D30/C8.25

Suspension: 6.5" IRO Coils, 5.5" IRO leaf packs, RC 1" drop shackles, Sway-bar quick discos, Stainless steel extended brake lines, IRO adjustable arms (lower and upper), Bilstein 5100s

Wheels/Tires: 33x12.50x15 BFGoodrich A/T K/O on Recoils

Other Notable Modifications: Snorkel, winch bumper, monstalined body, LED light conversion, H4 upgrade

Favorite Modification: Monstaliner or H4/Putco Harness

Least Favorite Modification: None so far!

Best Trail Damage: Cracked header panel, broken headlight bezels

Build Thread: Thundercracker Build Thread

1990JEEPXJ said:
Year: 1990

Model: Laredo

Drive Train: 4.0, AW4, 242, D30, D44

Suspension: RE 5.5" superflex short arm with drop brackets, shackle relocation brackets

Wheels/Tires: 33X10.5 mounted on 15x7 AR outlaw II

Other Notable Modifications: grizzly lockers front and rear, alloy shafts up front, WJ knuckle and brake swap, 2x6 rocker replacement/mini boatside, PSC steering box tapped for assist, custom t-case skid, D30 truss, 1.75"x 3/8" wall tie rod, OTA trackbar, half doors, ruffstuff and riddler covers, C-Rok steering brace, B&M tranny cooler. Also have 12" bilstein 7100's waiting to go on

Favorite Modification: lockers

Least Favorite Modification: old truetrac, has been replaced

Best Trail Damage: rolled it

Build Thread: The '90

Optional: built this jeep from the ground up and learned a lot from it. its gone from a nice little DD to a capable rig ready for most anything.

cbenez1 said:
Year: 1991

Model: XJ Laredo

Drive Train: 4.0/ax-15/np231/hp30/8.8Lsd

Suspension: 5.5 mixed and matched

Wheels/Tires: 32x11.5x15 on cragars.

Other Notable Modifications: removable doors. Flat sand camo paint.

Favorite Modification: removable doors

Least Favorite Modification: See thru floor pans

Best Trail Damage: Only minor dings

Optional: I've had 3 CJ's, 2 YJ's, and 5 XJ's. Still own 3 of the XJ's and this one is far and away my favorite.

billb2011 said:
Year: 1999

Model: Sport

Drive Train: 4.0, AW4, NP231, D30 w/Aussie Locker, 8.25 Lincoln Locked

Suspension: RE 5.5", Rusty's 4.5" coils/2" spacer

Wheels/Tires: Pro Comp 15"x10" wheels, 33x12.5x15 Super Swamper TSL's

Other Notable Modifications: Safari Snorkel, Trimmed fenders, Warn VR8000, Front winch bumper with custom tree pusher lol, offroad lights, custom rocker rails, custom rear window rub rails, custom rear bumper, rear bottom corners bobbed.

Favorite Modification: All the custom stuff I have made for it, and the winch! Also my wifes favorite mod is the removable step I made so she can get in easier!

Least Favorite Modification: Need to find a better place to mount the CB, its mounted to the console above and to the rear of my head, and it finds the back of my head occasionally on big bumps!

Best Trail Damage: Lots of dents along the passenger side doors and quarters, strangely enough the driver side is straight as an arrow haha!

Optional: I got it about 2 years ago with the lift already installed and that's all, I was going to keep it as mild as I could until I started wheeling with a Jeep club and then one thing lead to another and just like so many others of us it got out of hand and now I am almost at trailerable only status!! haha.

alexrule123 said:
Year: 2001

Model: Cherokee Limited

Drive Train: 4.0, aw4, np231 w/AA SYE, HP Dana 30 w/Spartan locker, 760x Ujoints, Dana 44 LSD w/rear disks, 4.88 gears

Suspension: 6" IRO long arm lift, Liquid Iron Industries Slider Boxes, Fox Shox, ACOS

Wheels/Tires: 35x12.50 MTR/Kevlar, 16" Moab wheels with Spider Trax Spacers

Other Notable Modifications: WJ Brakes and steering swap, ACR steering box, Power Steering Cooler, Currie Antirock Sway Bar, JCR sliders, Upgraded Diff Covers, Thor Cowl Intake, 60mm Bored TB, Cobra Injectors, Rugged Ridge Header, 2.5" Exhaust with Borla Muffler, Brown Dog Motor Mounts

Favorite Modification: WJ Brakes and Steering

Least Favorite Modification: None

Best Trail Damage: Damaged crappy stock rear bumper in Ocala

Build Thread: My '01 Build Thread

Thanks to everyone who entered this month!

#5 ·
voted!

good luck errrrrybody.

#18 ·
DNFJ said:
Biggest tire size always wins?
No. Ones with build threads in the cherokee non-tech section win. Duh

#22 ·
Alex is a wonderful person I admire.

*mod edit *

#31 ·
Earlier today I received a voluntary resignation from this month's contest due to a late reading of the voting rules and regulations.
I respect and appreciate this effort to uphold the integrity of the COTM contests and would love to see a resubmittal next month.
:cheers:

#33 ·
It's not that unusual for people to get excited about being in the contest and tell all their friends to check it out.
It's more unusual though for someone to go back and read the rules and then contact me asking to withdraw based on their integrity, but this isn't the first time it's happened either. I can't help but respect the honesty.

#36 ·
That's awesome, there are just too few honest people out there now days, I commend him for what he did and respect him for doing it. We have all made honest mistakes before and I'm glad to hear someone stepped up and admitted to it!

#37 ·
chris87xj said:
It's not that unusual for people to get excited about being in the contest and tell all their friends to check it out.
It's more unusual though for someone to go back and read the rules and then contact me asking to withdraw based on their integrity, but this isn't the first time it's happened either. I can't help but respect the honesty.
Thumbs up! With More people like this in the world, things would be a lot better.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.