Pics Of Tha Rig - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Pics Of Tha Rig

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 08-31-2013, 02:37 PM   #1
MicahSmith
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Pics Of Tha Rig

I will be posting pics of anything i do, whether little or small, during my xj build on this thread, if you have any questions feel free to ask!

MicahSmith is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-31-2013, 03:43 PM   #2
MicahSmith
1995 XJ Cherokee 

http://imgur.com/a/UJYeX here are some photos with no mods at all, just raw muddy and clean beginnings...
Unread 08-31-2013, 04:24 PM   #3
MicahSmith
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Here is the rocker switch that i installed to control my sub woofer... http://imgur.com/a/JH2kA
Unread 09-01-2013, 04:04 PM   #4
VegasGT
Rustler of Jimmies

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Looks like a pretty good start!

However, I couldnt make it out of my driveway without dragging that gigantic hitch all over the place haha
July 2013 COTM
July 2014 COTM
Build Thread
VegasGT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-02-2013, 04:37 PM   #5
MicahSmith
1995 XJ Cherokee 

haha yah its gonna be a big problem with ground clearance but its welded on there! btw i recently wired up my aftermarket fog lamps to a switch on my dash. If i get the job i mosty recently applied for then i will be working on lifting 3", getting shocks, and whatever else i need to aid in vibration problems.
Unread 09-04-2013, 09:06 PM   #6
JeepN4KC
Keep on Jeepin on........

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicahSmith View Post
haha yah its gonna be a big problem with ground clearance but its welded on there!
Not to mention your departure angle is ruined............get rid of it.

Any progress on the build?

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
Sept 2013 Cherokee of the Month
'07 WK with some other stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
'11 KK with mostly stock stuff
'06WK our first Jeep with stock stuff - totalled and gone
JeepN4KC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-07-2013, 08:12 PM   #7
MicahSmith
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Alright, in this update, I cleaned all of my seats and carpet with a rug doctor machine, I installed an aftermarket radio, another 10" sub, a make shift side storage compartment in the cargo area, and a switch on the dash for my aftermarket fog lights! Enjoy!

Link: http://imgur.com/a/FW7Mt
P.S. I just got a job and i start on tuesday so i will be hopefully lifting or getting new tires soon!
Unread 09-07-2013, 08:55 PM   #8
MicahSmith
1995 XJ Cherokee 

I've got a question...if i do 3" spacers on the front and an s10 bastard pack lift on the back...how long of shocks do i need? BTW VegasGT i read your xj build thread and loved it!
Unread 09-08-2013, 07:38 AM   #9
rugsucka
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Don't do a 3" spacer. Get 3" coils instead - you can find them for ~$100. Tossing a huge spacer on 18 year old coils is not going to be a good combination. You can also find them used in the classifieds often. 4" TJ coils willl also give you 3" on an XJ.

You will need an adjustable trackbar, extended brakelines, 3" lift shocks, and longer lower control arms to lift properly to 3" - and an alignment. If not your front axle is pulled back in the fenders and will rub, your axle will stick out to one side, your shocks will be limiting suspension travel, and you will end up popping a brakeline being "adventurous"

You could get away with a 2" spacer and s10 bastard pack with trimming to run 31's. That 1" lower allows you to use stock hardware, but does put you at the limit if you disconnect and take it offroad.

FWIW I have 3" coils sitting on a shelf, but shipping from Canada would make it a deal breaker for you. I'm only looking for 50 bucks for the pair, but I'd imagine shipping will double that.
Unread 09-09-2013, 08:01 PM   #10
MicahSmith
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Alright! more progress, i figured out my dad had some old boat seat aluminum framing so i used an old rectangular box piece to create a rack/storage thing for my cargo area! I sanded it down, painted it black, and wove two ropes in a netted fashion to hold things such as, a grill, coolers, etc. I camp alot so this is helpful! It also works as a seat for maybe a campfire or something, I sat on it and so did my brother who weighs 160 lbs. so its pretty strong for being home made!

Link:http://imgur.com/a/Y18no
Unread 09-12-2013, 08:44 PM   #11
Muddy97Cherokee

1997 XJ Cherokee 

Just to let you know, you can post pictures directly onto the site so you don't have us running all over the place looking at them. There is an icon that had a mountain on it, click that then paste the link. Not sure of imagur or whatever works with it. Photobucket will though.
BUILD THREAD

-ZACK
Muddy97Cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-12-2013, 09:00 PM   #12
Teej
Jordan's Bish

2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddy97Cherokee View Post
Just to let you know, you can post pictures directly onto the site so you don't have us running all over the place looking at them. There is an icon that had a mountain on it, click that then paste the link. Not sure of imagur or whatever works with it. Photobucket will though.
Imgur works. I use it. He just needs the image tags.
Teej is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-19-2013, 10:31 AM   #13
MicahSmith
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Haha sorry about that , I'll try it in the future, but for now I have to fix my front bumper...or preferably buy a new one, except that I don have a crap ton of money...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.