Pics of homemade bumpers/brushguards - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Pics of homemade bumpers/brushguards

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineWe still have some great deals going on!Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%

Unread 08-26-2013, 12:52 PM   #16
XJmike0122
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmoore View Post
Subscribed and bumped. NHJeep4x4, I really like your setup. Great looking jeep too.

Here's the one on mine but it's about to go away. Need to make a winch able front and this thread is perfect timing to help me sort out ideas.

Are those front fender guards from trail head offroad?

XJmike0122 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-26-2013, 03:03 PM   #17
cmoore
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJmike0122 View Post
Are those front fender guards from trail head offroad?
Yes
98 XJ:4.0, AW4, HP30/8.25 4.56 Spartan/LSD, alloy shafts & joints, HD steer, SYE/CV, skids, RADesigns gated shifter, RE mix n match lift, 35"mt/rs, THOR guards F&R, weld-in custom rockers & stiffeners, custom front bumper, orfab rear bumper, THOR cowl induction, on board air, on board welder, etc
cmoore is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-26-2013, 03:54 PM   #18
XJmike0122
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Thanks. Guess if I would of read your sig I would of seen that. Any issues with them?
Unread 08-26-2013, 04:18 PM   #19
cmoore
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Thanks. Guess if I would of read your sig I would of seen that. Any issues with them?
no problems. just watch out for the windshield washer bottle when you drill out the driver side.
98 XJ:4.0, AW4, HP30/8.25 4.56 Spartan/LSD, alloy shafts & joints, HD steer, SYE/CV, skids, RADesigns gated shifter, RE mix n match lift, 35"mt/rs, THOR guards F&R, weld-in custom rockers & stiffeners, custom front bumper, orfab rear bumper, THOR cowl induction, on board air, on board welder, etc
Unread 08-27-2013, 01:55 AM   #20
XJmike0122
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
no problems. just watch out for the windshield washer bottle when you drill out the driver side.
Did you find that out the hard way?
Unread 08-27-2013, 06:32 AM   #21
cmoore
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Did you find that out the hard way?
Yup
Unread 08-27-2013, 01:50 PM   #22
XJmike0122
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Yup
That sucks. I want those but not sure how hard it will be to get them to work with the BW flat flares.
Unread 08-27-2013, 02:03 PM   #23
cmoore
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
That sucks. I want those but not sure how hard it will be to get them to work with the BW flat flares.
Shouldn't change anything beyond the thickness. BW bolts should be plenty long enough (you'll have to template/drill the Thors for the bw holes though.
Unread 08-27-2013, 11:53 PM   #24
XJmike0122
2001 XJ Cherokee 

And probably trim them also. I'm guessing the thor's fit the stock fender arch?
Unread 08-28-2013, 06:48 AM   #25
cmoore
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
And probably trim them also. I'm guessing the thor's fit the stock fender arch?
They're pretty high (above the well flare out). Doubt your fender is trimmed higher. My cut and fold is lower than the THORs. Eventually I'll plasma the fender up to the THORs. For now it looks ok and the 32's have plenty of room.
Unread 08-28-2013, 12:19 PM   #26
XJmike0122
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Guess I will not know for sure till I get them. Thanks for all the info.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.