Pics of 1.5" or 1.75" lifts? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Pics of 1.5" or 1.75" lifts?

Savvy FOX IFP 4" Lift Shocks in StockSavvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 09-05-2008, 08:16 AM   #1
kadetklapp
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Pics of 1.5" or 1.75" lifts?

If it's inappropriate to ask for pics I apologize. I have been digging thru old threads but not finding what I'm looking for.

I'm currently researching lift options and am considering the 1.75" AAL from Rusty's. I'm concerned that 1) it will not be adequate enough for what I want (snow, some playing around, more general utility) 2) it will not have an aggressive enough look for the $$.

Tight budget. I'd prefer a 2 or 2.5" kit, but I'm not seeing anything like that on Rusty's page in the $100-$150 price range.

If any of you have a shorty lift like I described please post a pic!

2008 "Jeep" Patriot <-----Crap.
kadetklapp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-08-2008, 11:08 AM   #2
kadetklapp
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Whoa not everyone at once....

Unread 09-08-2008, 11:17 AM   #3
jebmccall
1997 XJ Cherokee 

what you can do is buy the rustys 2 inch coils or coil spacers, and blocks and shackles in the rear, no need for new shocks if it is jsut 2 inches
jebmccall is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-08-2008, 11:24 AM   #4
kadetklapp
1997 XJ Cherokee 

This is what I'm considering getting-

http://rustysoffroad.com/mm5/merchan...Category_Code=

However my concern is that it's just not enough, even though I'm not really wheeling this Jeep. It's a DD that will have a max tire size of 30" on factory rims.

And not to steal anyone's thunder, but IDEALLY this is pretty close to what I want. I believe this is 2.5"?

The confusion I have is that Rusty lists the XJ budget boost as 1.75" and I'm not finding a 2". Are these one in the same?

Unread 09-08-2008, 01:02 PM   #5
Xplorer
1994 YJ Wrangler 

kinda too stupid to post pictures here, but if you pm me with your email, I can send some pictures of my cheapo lifted XJ with 31" tires on it
Xplorer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-08-2008, 01:15 PM   #6
xjoey
1987 XJ Cherokee 

usualy if cheap is in mind i look at rough country lifts but thier 1.5 inch lift is less then 20 bucks cheaper then thier 2.5 inch lift
xjoey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-08-2008, 01:53 PM   #7
dcorn
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Go to the XJ technical forum and look through the thread of different lift setups. Some people have small lifts. Research junkyard or budget boosts, there are plenty of writeups. Unless you DIY, I doubt you'll find a decent lift for $150 or less. Shackles and spacers themselves cost more than that.

Go to the market section and find some 31's with wheels and get yourself a decent 3" lift. Then you'll be happy with the height and look of it, and not have to do everything twice.
Unread 09-09-2008, 09:42 AM   #8
kadetklapp
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Ok, am digging thru the threads now. One question I do have that I need clarification on-

Budget boosts are often listed as 2" lifts, but then in the product description it states that it will "lift your rig 1.5"

That contradicts the 2" lift doesnt it? Is this just a marketing ploy or is there some misstatement of facts somewhere?

Unread 09-09-2008, 10:08 AM   #9
FitchVA
Jeeper 4 Life

1998 XJ Cherokee 

all jeeps are different and therefore will give different results. my white '98 was taller than the "factory" measurements while my green '98 was lower than the "factory" specs. i would guess that they say it will lift it 1.5" just to cover their butts. who's gonna argue with a lift that gives you more than they advertise whereas if they say it'll lift 2" and is a 1/4" lower than 2, oh boy, you're gonna hear people complain.

i did my ~2" budget boost with hodge-podge parts for < $75 (w/out shocks).

here's a link to the writeup:

http://fitchva.com/jeep/?p=56

and i'm pretty pleased with the results:

it's my daily driver that sees 99.99999% on road use only. with that in mind, it meets all of my requirements:
#1 - IMO it looks pretty good
#2 - it rides really well
#3 - very affordable
My XJ Page | My Gallery
FitchVA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-09-2008, 10:19 AM   #10
dcorn
1998 XJ Cherokee 

^^ Fitch, your DD looks great, thats a great 2" lift. Mine looked just like that when I first got it, except different wheels. It's a little different now...
Unread 09-09-2008, 09:21 PM   #11
Irongrave
1992 YJ Wrangler 

i know ZJ front coils are good for some lift there is a thread some where on each set's lift rate, and an add a leaf in the back with some shocks would look good, also keep a eye out as guys sell smaller lifts when the decide to lift there trucks a little more.

2in RE bb with aal and teraflex shackle with 32s and cut fenders

and this is what it was like when i got it, just the RE BB and 30s
1997 ZJ, 1992 YJ, 1992 XJ
Irongrave is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-10-2008, 09:26 AM   #12
kadetklapp
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Makes me wonder if I grabbed some ZJ coils and the Rusty's BB with AAL I'll get a pretty solid 2" or 2.25" up front, and then maybe add an S-10 rear leaf on top of my AAL and get a solid 2-2.25 in the rear.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.