Pic Request: 32 inch tires with 3 inch lift - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Pic Request: 32 inch tires with 3 inch lift

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Safety Thimble FairleadsEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 10-16-2013, 10:55 PM   #1
Pumpiniron

Pic Request: 32 inch tires with 3 inch lift

Okay so I may have been a little to trigger happy today and I decided to pull the trigger on a brand new set of Kumho Road Venture MT KL71 tires in a 32x11.50x15 size.

Currently I have a 3 inch OME lift on my Cherokee (with 3.5 inches in the rear) with 30 inch tires.

I don't wheel the thing at all, I just use it for snow, trails, and some light off roading. Unlike a lot of guys however I like the stock fender flares and would prefer not to cut them if I don't have to.

My wheels are 15x8 Ravine wheels and I've got 1.5 inch wheel spacers as well which means I should 4" of backspacing if I understand the whole backspacing thing correctly.

Am I screwed? Did I order too big of a tire to fit under what I've got? Like I said, I like the stock fender flares so I don't want to trim if I don't have to. If I need to go an inch or two taller I will to avoid trimming.

I'd love to see some pictures of what 32s look like on a 3 inch lift.

Unread 10-17-2013, 02:48 AM   #2
sAe23
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Maybe try longer bump stops? And possibly adjusting the steering stops?
sAe23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-17-2013, 05:57 AM   #3
mschi772
Web Wheeler

1997 XJ Cherokee 

Please read this.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/n...ontent-558245/
mschi772 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-17-2013, 09:26 AM   #4
VegasGT
Rustler of Jimmies

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Im running 4.5" on 32s, but still may be able to help. I still had my flares when first installed and they rubbed in the back lower corner of the flare when turning. Im running Cragars that are 4" backspacing just like your setup. I feel that with just trimming to the back area of the flare it would have been just fine for road use, or occasional offroad use with swaybar connected. I know you are on less left but it wasnt lack of uptravel causing the rubbing as much as an anemic wheel opening in front and back of the front flares. With creative trimming to the flares you should be fine.

Heres a throwback to my rig back when I was running that setup. Rear is only about 4", so just imagine the front a little lower and its pretty much exactly what youll be looking at.
July 2013 COTM
July 2014 COTM
Build Thread
VegasGT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-17-2013, 09:56 AM   #5
alexrule123
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Here is a picture from back in the day with a 3" RC lift and 32" tires.

And

2005 Pontiac GTO 6.0L (DD)
May 2013 COTM
alexrule123 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-17-2013, 03:04 PM   #6
Spokes
Mall Crawler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

3" 32x11.5x15

Red 00 XJ lifted
Build -->http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/...hread-1280981/
Blue 00 XJ Hella stock
"Lima bean" 91 XJ 5spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by hussler737 View Post
because anyone can drive a wrangler
Spokes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-18-2013, 08:58 PM   #7
Pumpiniron

Thanks for all the input guys. I guess I won't be as worried as I was before. I've got 3.5 inches (I accidentally wrote 3) and if I have to I'll do some fender trimming. I know a lot of guys hate the stock flare look but I actually really like it.

I don't care for the flat flares and I'm not a fan at all of the bushwackers so I want to do everything possible to keep my stock flares.
Unread 10-18-2013, 10:51 PM   #8
K-R
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Pumping iron, please post a picture of your jeep when you are done, thats what I want to do, 32's, ravines, and i had 3.5 maybe i am at 4.5 now with acos and 1"shackle... my jeep is green, thanks.
Unread 10-19-2013, 03:22 PM   #9
Pumpiniron

I'll certainly post a picture! Tires get here Tuesday and I'll have them on the rig sometime this week!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.