People are nuts. - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > People are nuts.

Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 08-27-2013, 01:34 AM   #16
XJmike0122
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Low mile XJ are getting harder to find and as they do the price will keep going up. Just like anything else. I'm not saying we are quite to that price yet though.

XJmike0122 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-29-2013, 06:53 PM   #17
CRider74
1996 XJ Cherokee 

A "good deal" is simply a matter of perspective. What it's worth to you may not be anything near what it's worth to someone else for whatever reason. If someone buys it for that price and feels they got a good deal, then who's to say they're wrong if it's what they wanted? That bein said...I wouldn't pay that either
Unread 08-29-2013, 08:00 PM   #18
Motorcharge
1991 MJ Comanche 

$10k dealer price is totally realistic. He could get $7500-8k around here easy for that assuming people aren't picky about the plow or it wasn't used much. Terrible for the unibody and an XJ is too light to do any real snow plowing. If an XJ can plow it there's not enough snow on the ground to need to be plowed.
Unread 08-30-2013, 06:21 AM   #19
CRider74
1996 XJ Cherokee 

LOL, just realized, that Jeep is only 10 miles from me.
Unread 08-30-2013, 06:27 AM   #20
Mwildmann
2000 XJ Cherokee 

I don't disagree that values are subjective. But, c'mon, really?? $10,500?? In central PA, where I see no less than 10 XJs on my way to work everyday? I wonder if it sold yet...
Mwildmann is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-30-2013, 06:29 AM   #21
Mwildmann
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Oh, and Wild Country AT tires are "off-road" tires. I didn't know that...
Unread 08-30-2013, 07:11 AM   #22
Motorcharge
1991 MJ Comanche 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mwildmann View Post
I don't disagree that values are subjective. But, c'mon, really?? $10,500?? In central PA, where I see no less than 10 XJs on my way to work everyday? I wonder if it sold yet...
It's the mileage, not just that it's an XJ. You may see 10 a day but I bet none of them are under 100k miles. XJs in general are getting harder to find in good condition and they're still sought after. Supply and demand.
Unread 08-30-2013, 07:32 AM   #23
Mwildmann
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Of course they're getting harder to find. They haven't been made for the last 12 years or so, I don't doubt that you know that and I'm preaching to the choir. But still, $10,500?!?!?! The enormous majority of the public will base a purchase price solely on the KBB/NADA value. I refuse to pay more and it's completely based upon how much insurance money I'd get back if it got wrecked which is also based solely on KBB/NADA value. If someone wants to pay $4,000 more than what something is worth and risk flushing that money down the toilet if it gets totaled, than I find that completely ridiculous.
Unread 08-30-2013, 07:42 AM   #24
WhiteOut
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
The enormous majority of the public will base a purchase price solely on the KBB/NADA value. I refuse to pay more and it's completely based upon how much insurance money I'd get back if it got wrecked which is also based solely on KBB/NADA value. If someone wants to pay $4,000 more than what something is worth and risk flushing that money down the toilet if it gets totaled, than I find that completely ridiculous.
Insurance will pay more than KBB value with very little fight. They don’t determine payout based on KBB/Black Book alone.
WhiteOut is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-30-2013, 07:43 AM   #25
Mwildmann
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteOut View Post
Insurance will pay more than KBB value with very little fight. They donít determine payout based on KBB/Black Book alone.
OK, they usually pay a little more, but you're still gonna end up way in the red with that kind of purchase price...
Unread 08-30-2013, 08:29 AM   #26
Motorcharge
1991 MJ Comanche 

Quote:
Of course they're getting harder to find. They haven't been made for the last 12 years or so, I don't doubt that you know that and I'm preaching to the choir. But still, $10,500?!?!?! The enormous majority of the public will base a purchase price solely on the KBB/NADA value. I refuse to pay more and it's completely based upon how much insurance money I'd get back if it got wrecked which is also based solely on KBB/NADA value. If someone wants to pay $4,000 more than what something is worth and risk flushing that money down the toilet if it gets totaled, than I find that completely ridiculous.
Again, theres still a big market for them whether you would personally pay thst much or not and I doubt he wants that much. I always add a lot on to what I want for something Im selling on craigslist. If I wanted $7500 Id list it at $10500 so I have room to come down. If someone talks me down to $8000 they feel good about talking me down and I pocket $500 more than I expected.

KBB/Nada is a joke and not as popular as it used to be. Regardless go plug in the info with the low miles and KBB will still show you around $6500-7000.

Youre always losing money on cars and insurance because they rarely increase in value. Regardless you can insure it for more than its worth, you just pay more for the insurance.
Unread 08-30-2013, 09:49 AM   #27
cbenez1
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Motorcharge, You so craaazy !!!
cbenez1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-30-2013, 09:51 AM   #28
cbenez1
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRider74 View Post
LOL, just realized, that Jeep is only 10 miles from me.
Well then you better hurry over there and get it !!! It won't last long at that price !!! NOT !!!
cbenez1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-30-2013, 12:50 PM   #29
CRider74
1996 XJ Cherokee 

LOL I just bought another one 3 weeks ago (after selling my 97). I think my wife might kill me if I bought another right now. Besides, I don't really need a plow for anything :lol:
Unread 08-30-2013, 04:03 PM   #30
Motorcharge
1991 MJ Comanche 

We've sold similar XJs at work in the last 6 months for $10-13k and the longest one to sell actually made it to the lot before someone bought it and sat there for a whole two hours.
xj.png

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.