parking next to the stockers....we all do it - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > parking next to the stockers....we all do it

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsWant to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under

Unread 01-24-2010, 08:33 PM   #31
Trons
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I've owned my XJ for less then 48hrs, been to the store twice and have done it both times (although, to be honest, they happen to be the best parking spots at the time...I didn't drive around looking for them).

'98 with a 3.5 RE lift on 31x10.5x15's....I love the look.

Trons is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-24-2010, 09:05 PM   #32
Luke94XJ
1994 XJ Cherokee 

yeh I normally end up parking next to wranglers, any jeep will do though, as long as its a Jeep that matters, not like a GC or liberty, or whatever crap Jeep makes now. Its kind of nice to show them what a Jeep is supposed to look like.
Luke94XJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-24-2010, 09:29 PM   #33
JeepSpeed18
1996 XJ Cherokee 

I love doing this. I do it every time I can.

_\_/==== |; _\\ \\_|;
_(o)_)___(o)_)--o-)_)

96 Jeep Cherokee 4" lift with 32" KM2's
94 Jeep Cherokee 3" lift with 29's!

JEEP Just Empty Every Pocket my life moto. :)

White Jeep Club Member #109

Jessie The Jeep (lots of pics)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aircruiser View Post
But yeah my 4.0 has been hydrolocked twice, ran upside down for 7 seconds it still keeps coming back for more. its like that crazy ex-girlfriend that just wont quit..but unlike her, its a good thing haha
JeepSpeed18 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-24-2010, 09:30 PM   #34
Chero40L
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Parkin' next to other Jeeps

Funny this thread should come up, because I actually seek out other XJ's to park beside. But then I started to notice something....

Every FREAKIN jeep sits higher than mine. I know for sure they aren't ALL lifted, but yet mine sits lower.

My shocks look pretty darn crusty, I bought her last march, so i have no idea if the shocks are OEM or not. Or could it also be the leaf springs giving me sag?

I'm not interested in lifting right now, I just want to get it back to a nice stock height. the front don't look too bad, but I need to work on my rear. How high should a stock XJ sit?

You can see a good difference from the front height and the back by looking at the tires and the distance from the top of the tire to the fender flare.

Chero40L is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-24-2010, 09:36 PM   #35
jeepster425
2001 XJ Cherokee 

"my jeep burns the gas your prius saves"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch8672 View Post
Leather makes me sweat like Kanye West at a David Allan Coe concert...

__=====,o00o,
//__l_l_,\____\,_____
l_/-\_l__l_/-\_|
lllllll|
{o}_} {o}_}--o-}_}
jeepster425 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-24-2010, 09:59 PM   #36
HRDCORXJ
1998 XJ Cherokee 

HRDCORXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-24-2010, 10:13 PM   #37
crem
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Haha I do that all the time, in bend its really easy to find a cherokee, lifted or stock, its dime a dozen. But of course I love mine the best.
crem is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-24-2010, 10:55 PM   #38
dcorn
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Guess this is an exact match of stock vs modded. I bought my XJ with a 3" lift and 32's, so luckily I never had to drive it when it was so small lol.

Unread 01-24-2010, 11:11 PM   #39
Luke94XJ
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Chero40L you have a sagging spring pack in your rear that is a common occurrence, especially in Cherokees, won't cause harm, but does look funny.
Luke94XJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-25-2010, 01:05 AM   #40
COLOUXJ
Web Wheeler
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93gc40 View Post
X2 Lancer
I'm more likely to park next to a built XJ, wait for the owner to come out and talk to them about the mods they have.
Stock rigs of anykind don't move me, I KNOW mine is better, and the stocker owner doesn't care about what I have done to mine.
im a stocker.....i park next to the built ones when i can, ive even got on my back and went totally under some rigs. I love checking out what other people have done. Gives me ideas for what i will do to mine when my build starts.
Mechanical Engineers Build weapons Civil Engineers build targets

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberpyrot View Post
is it a plink plink kerrrrdunk? or more of a brrrrrconk doc doc miiiidge pang!!!? or is it a badonk ka donk? if it is the latter its just the normal fat *** of the JK

COLOUXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-25-2010, 01:36 AM   #41
offroadnut36
1990 XJ Cherokee 

There really isnt any cherokees around here, well if there is i dont see them. I look for the lifted ones. One time I came out of my apartment to go to class in the morning and a jk on 35s was parked next to me. well that same day i i got out of class, and my buddy(hes in night class) and some other guy are parked on either side of me. My buddy has an xj with 3" 31s, and the other guy had 5-6.5" and 33s. I got in my jeep and was like,"yeah they can just wait till I get all my stuff done...those bastards! park next to me to make me look small...etc...." It was pretty funny though.
Unread 01-25-2010, 07:54 AM   #42
Curt41
2001 XJ Cherokee 

There is this really nice Classic that I park next to often. It's the same color as my XJ. I always joke how it's my Jeeps girlfriend and when I leave them alone for a while they make Patriots.

Check out my build thread

Survivalist Jeep #6

Rusty's 3in Full leaf pack, JKS quicker discos, rear sway bar gone, Carr light bar with 4 KC 6x9's, C4x4 Tow Hooks, Flowmaster Super 44 Off Road Muffler, 31x10.50 Goodyear Dura-Tracs

Looking for a set of pre-96 XJ front bumper endcaps
Curt41 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-25-2010, 08:34 AM   #43
BadgerXJ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

I always parked my stock XJ next to the largest Jeep I could find, no matter what model. I thought it was funny and it gave me an excuse to check out other Jeeps. ("Why did we park way out here?" "It was the only spot I could find." "No, there were a dozen closer spots that- hey, stop looking at that other Jeep, we have shopping to do!")

There's a JK in my office lot that's on 35s and a pretty hefty lift. It makes stock JKs look tiny, so my stock XJ looked like a toy car next to it.
BadgerXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-25-2010, 09:50 AM   #44
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

crawled and subscribed.... great thread. I do the same, but I don't carry a camera Actually, my new cell phone has a decent one.... I might have to start snapping some pics to add
koolaid5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-25-2010, 09:53 AM   #45
JeepShaun84
2012 KK Liberty 

I do it all the time... My fiance even helps me look for other jeeps to park by

some of these are with my 31s, and some are with my 33s

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.