parking - Page 8 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > parking

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! ECGS Black Friday Sale!!1993-1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Stainless Steel Exhaust Mani

Unread 02-27-2008, 11:30 AM   #106
geewally9
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stengah View Post
I'll park next to a nicely equipped TJ at school if I can. I parked next to it with the intention of crawling around under it one time, only to find the owner was still sitting in it having breakfast.

Has anyone ever done that before? Randomly crawl under lifted Jeeps in parking lots? Somebody please tell me I'm not the only one.
haha I wasn't going to say anything, but I've been known to go look at tires, lifts, bumpers, etc. So your not the only one. And I've also heard of people stealing cats. I don't have one so I don't worry about that haha.

Today I had the option of parking a lil closer or parking near jeeps.

geewally9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-27-2008, 03:44 PM   #107
bigsky89
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherokeegrrl View Post
Okay, last bit of hijack ... I dig the paint job and I like the bumpers. The "stinger" ... not so much.

You need far more armor than that if you do anything besides parking it, but I can see all that steel turning some heads! Thanx for pix!
beyond those two bumpers the only body armour my jeep really needs is rockers, out here there arent any rocks, mostly sand mud snow and a few trees, maybe some deep water in the spring. those bumpers are more than heavy enough, and climing sand hills and such sometimes descending gets a little scary, hence the stinger. its also very effective for repelling highway projectiles, a.k.a. deer, of which there are alot in saskatchewan.

definantly doing a roll cage this summer though, i have to replace thw entire floor i figure i might as well do it while i got her stripped down. body panels are replaceable, trail damadge gives it attitude so i just protect the parts that matter, engine, gas tank, etc.
lo tho i wheel through the valley of the shadow of death, i will fear no obsticle, for my jeep is with me. thy armour and tires, they comfort me. you lead me to lay down rubber on big rocks, and drive you through deep waters.
you prepare a place for me at the end of tough trails, and you anoint my driveway with oil. surely your awesomeness and the smell of burning motor oil will follow me all of the days of my life, and i will dwell in the house of the jeep forever. amen.
bigsky89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-27-2008, 04:03 PM   #108
jshaab2
2000 TJ Wrangler 

is that wrangler topless and is that snow ? doesnt make sense
Unread 02-27-2008, 08:31 PM   #109
jetwrench
2000 XJ Cherokee 

the wrangler has a duster on it
jetwrench is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-27-2008, 08:35 PM   #110
geewally9
1996 XJ Cherokee 

lol you don't know the boys around here, they are crazy. A few guys I know run the duster in the snow and I know one guy that rides with a bikini top in the snow haha.
Unread 02-27-2008, 08:39 PM   #111
bmyohn
Youngin'

2001 XJ Cherokee 

i would go doorless in the winter, but the girls wouldnt want to ride along...haha
4.6L Golen Engine Stroker

6.5" TnT Customs Longarm Kitl Ford HP D60 l 6.5" Rock Krawler Coils l TnT Customs HD Trac Barl Omix Ada HD SYE l 1" UBEsl CV Driveshaft l39.5" IROKsl 17x9" Pro Comp 98sl High Clearance Shock Mounts [COLOR="red"] l Hidden Hitch l AJs Custom Front Bumper l SONY Xplod stereo l Alpine Speakers l TnT Frame StiffenerZ l 22" RE SS Brake Lines l 1.5" TnT Customs Boomerang Shackles l Sterling 10.25 *FULL WIDTHS* l JKS Mini Skids and Sway Bar Brackets l 7/8" Heim Joint High Steer
bmyohn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-27-2008, 09:09 PM   #112
88XJSport
1988 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmyohn View Post
i would go doorless in the winter, but the girls wouldnt want to ride along...haha
If you wanted to sample how cold that would be, you can ride along with me sometime, since my heater sucks ***.
88XJSport is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-27-2008, 09:12 PM   #113
bigsky89
1989 XJ Cherokee 

x2. makes lots of heat after about 3 hours on the highway, as long as its above -20
lo tho i wheel through the valley of the shadow of death, i will fear no obsticle, for my jeep is with me. thy armour and tires, they comfort me. you lead me to lay down rubber on big rocks, and drive you through deep waters.
you prepare a place for me at the end of tough trails, and you anoint my driveway with oil. surely your awesomeness and the smell of burning motor oil will follow me all of the days of my life, and i will dwell in the house of the jeep forever. amen.
Unread 02-27-2008, 09:34 PM   #114
geewally9
1996 XJ Cherokee 

lol my buddies XJ had no heat for a while so we froze while fourwheelin, but he finally got that fixed.
Unread 02-27-2008, 09:36 PM   #115
bigsky89
1989 XJ Cherokee 

im gonna do what my buddy here in town did to his cj, schoolbus heater. that should make up for the lack of carpet and insulation next winter. hehehe
Unread 02-27-2008, 09:37 PM   #116
1996xj
2005 WK 

Take out your carpet/insulation and the AW4 will keep you warm.
Quote:
Originally Posted by toates89
i am just gunna drive around in 4lo on dry streets, and peel out
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4.0H.O.XJ
I once got a ticket for jerking while driving it. The cop wouldnt let me use his pen to sign the ticket.
1996xj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-27-2008, 09:40 PM   #117
bigsky89
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmyohn View Post
you need to meet some canadian chicks. indiana winter doesnt scare them
Unread 02-27-2008, 10:10 PM   #118
Stengah
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88XJSport View Post
The only time ive ever heard of somebody crawling under anothers car is to steal their cat.

Nah, I wouldn't do that. If I were to steal something, I'd take the whole damn rig instead of the cat. But, I couldn't steal from a fellow Jeeper. Just look at my sig.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geewally9
haha I wasn't going to say anything, but I've been known to go look at tires, lifts, bumpers, etc. So your not the only one.
Thank God. My bosses’ father drove his XJ down from Alaska for a family visit not too long ago and stored it at my work; 3-inch lift, 31's, 4 cylinder, manual, 8.25 rear. It was a nice rig, and not only did I park next to it, I crawled under it and was promptly caught by my boss. Needless to say, I had some explaining to do.

His father on the other hand, understood completely.
Unread 02-27-2008, 10:27 PM   #119
bigsky89
1989 XJ Cherokee 

lol i think im gonna try that instant revenge tactic, thanks stengah!
Unread 02-27-2008, 10:29 PM   #120
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

people at work just dont understand...they think its stupid to love a vehicle so much..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.