parking - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > parking

Halloween Savings to die for!ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!!

Unread 02-25-2008, 02:50 AM   #76
bigsky89
1989 XJ Cherokee 

i parked next to my neighbours stock yj at my apartment building for about four months and then i pulled up one day to see his truck on a shiny new lift kit, new tires and new chrome rims. and he STILL wont come wheeling with me... tool.

and i ALWAYS park next to another jeep, even if i gotta walk like twice as far as id otherwise have to. my jeep is big, wwI camo paint, dented, scraped, and heavily armoured. i like to scare other jeep owners, its like 'careful, or it might turn into THIS! AH HAHAHAHAAAAAA!'

i love the respect my jeep gets, its only on 31s and yet people treat me like its alot bigger than it is... the smashed rocker panels and massive trail armour have a lot to do with it i suspect.

lo tho i wheel through the valley of the shadow of death, i will fear no obsticle, for my jeep is with me. thy armour and tires, they comfort me. you lead me to lay down rubber on big rocks, and drive you through deep waters.
you prepare a place for me at the end of tough trails, and you anoint my driveway with oil. surely your awesomeness and the smell of burning motor oil will follow me all of the days of my life, and i will dwell in the house of the jeep forever. amen.
bigsky89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-25-2008, 01:54 PM   #77
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

yeah seems like once you get a lift, your jeep looks alot bigger than before..

when you think about it in your head, the amount of lift you put into your jeep looks alot bigger than you would imagine

random though, sorry about that
Unread 02-25-2008, 02:21 PM   #78
XJLI
1993 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aircruiser View Post
yeah seems like once you get a lift, your jeep looks alot bigger than before..
imagine that.

XJLI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-25-2008, 02:23 PM   #79
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93XJLI View Post
imagine that.
haha, suppose i shouldve proof read that.

i meant that 3" doesnt look like alot on a ruler but my buddies zj seemed like it got a foot taller after he lifted it 3"..
Unread 02-25-2008, 02:35 PM   #80
tcc9mpl
1996 XJ Cherokee 

that's really funny, i always find myself parking next to other jeeps as well. for some reason i have something against grand cherokees though, :/.
tcc9mpl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-25-2008, 02:35 PM   #81
bmyohn
Youngin'

2001 XJ Cherokee 

i didnt notice my 3.5" lift all that much, and i didnt notice the extra 3"s from my 6.5" kit. (except for the fact that it was harder to get into). but when i park next to my buddies stock XJ, i realize how much bigger it is, i also notice it when riding with my friends in their little cars and my bumper comes even with the middle of their windshield
4.6L Golen Engine Stroker

6.5" TnT Customs Longarm Kitl Ford HP D60 l 6.5" Rock Krawler Coils l TnT Customs HD Trac Barl Omix Ada HD SYE l 1" UBEsl CV Driveshaft l39.5" IROKsl 17x9" Pro Comp 98sl High Clearance Shock Mounts [COLOR="red"] l Hidden Hitch l AJs Custom Front Bumper l SONY Xplod stereo l Alpine Speakers l TnT Frame StiffenerZ l 22" RE SS Brake Lines l 1.5" TnT Customs Boomerang Shackles l Sterling 10.25 *FULL WIDTHS* l JKS Mini Skids and Sway Bar Brackets l 7/8" Heim Joint High Steer
bmyohn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-25-2008, 02:49 PM   #82
jetwrench
2000 XJ Cherokee 

yea i park next other jeeps too but mostly XJ's.
jetwrench is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-25-2008, 06:10 PM   #83
bigsky89
1989 XJ Cherokee 

yeah thats when i notice the lift and tires too, next to stock jeeps and from inside cars. definantly doesnt look big to me till i realize that my back bumper is like hood level to a stock xj... fun.
lo tho i wheel through the valley of the shadow of death, i will fear no obsticle, for my jeep is with me. thy armour and tires, they comfort me. you lead me to lay down rubber on big rocks, and drive you through deep waters.
you prepare a place for me at the end of tough trails, and you anoint my driveway with oil. surely your awesomeness and the smell of burning motor oil will follow me all of the days of my life, and i will dwell in the house of the jeep forever. amen.
bigsky89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-25-2008, 06:29 PM   #84
gilby7887
1991 XJ Cherokee 

yup i'm guilty of parking next to other jeeps as well,
gilby7887 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-26-2008, 01:42 PM   #85
Cherokeegrrl
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsky89 View Post
i parked next to my neighbours stock yj at my apartment building for about four months and then i pulled up one day to see his truck on a shiny new lift kit, new tires and new chrome rims. and he STILL wont come wheeling with me... tool.

and i ALWAYS park next to another jeep, even if i gotta walk like twice as far as id otherwise have to. my jeep is big, wwI camo paint, dented, scraped, and heavily armoured. i like to scare other jeep owners, its like 'careful, or it might turn into THIS! AH HAHAHAHAAAAAA!'

i love the respect my jeep gets, its only on 31s and yet people treat me like its alot bigger than it is... the smashed rocker panels and massive trail armour have a lot to do with it i suspect.
What kind of armor do you have? Your phrase "heavily armored" has me very curious.
Cherokeegrrl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-26-2008, 01:52 PM   #86
88XJSport
1988 XJ Cherokee 

Its hard to find parking at my school, but nobody can park here without hanging out in the aisle, so I do...

88XJSport is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-26-2008, 02:00 PM   #87
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

ya gotta do what ya gotta do! nice parking job..
Unread 02-26-2008, 02:08 PM   #88
geewally9
1996 XJ Cherokee 

I haven't seen that much snow in along time. Snow piles are fun.
geewally9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-26-2008, 02:08 PM   #89
1996xj
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88XJSport View Post
Its hard to find parking at my school, but nobody can park here without hanging out in the aisle, so I do...
I bet they had plenty of those parking spots this morning.
Quote:
Originally Posted by toates89
i am just gunna drive around in 4lo on dry streets, and peel out
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4.0H.O.XJ
I once got a ticket for jerking while driving it. The cop wouldnt let me use his pen to sign the ticket.
1996xj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-26-2008, 02:17 PM   #90
88XJSport
1988 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1996xj View Post
I bet they had plenty of those parking spots this morning.
Ya, but of course today is my day off...
88XJSport is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.