parking - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > parking

Offset Tie Rod Kit From RuffStuff!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 02-05-2008, 11:56 PM   #16
firefighter1c57
SPACE FOR RENT

I rented a liberty when I was home on leave from Iraq. Hadn't tagged or insured the XJ while I was gone. Hated it. I think the new body style Libby looks like a Dodge Nitro. In fact, I cant tell them apart sometimes. The commander looks a lot like a XJ.

I bring NOTHING to the table.
firefighter1c57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2008, 12:12 AM   #17
99XJburton
1999 XJ Cherokee 

New libertys are just mini commanders.
Unread 02-06-2008, 12:18 AM   #18
89mudlite
1989 XJ Cherokee 

i was thinkin the commander looks more like the xj then the liberty..my question is why in the hell did they stop making these beast's xj that is?
Unread 02-06-2008, 06:07 AM   #19
JohnnyBling

/\ I6 engine death due to emissions, too much "in brand competition" considering price point and vehicle size, unit manufacturing costs, fleet fuel average concerns, decreased unit sales (losing to "sport cutes" in the sales war)
98 XJ Classic w/RE 6130 4.5", DT 3K shocks, AA h/d SYE + Tom Woods CV d-shaft, PowerTrax No-Slip in the 29 spl 8.25, Banks Torque Tube, FloMas 40, 32" BFG A/T KO on 15x10 AR Pythons, Uniden PC68XL w Astatic mike, Wilson 1K magmount, Sony XPloD head and speakers + Sirius sat receiver, sliderz, 240K + miles retired to DD
91 XJ Laredo w/RE 6130 4.5", DT 3K shocks, AA h/d SYE + Tom Woods CV d-shaft, Detroit EZ Locker in the D35, glaspak, cobra CB, Kenwood head + Infinity speakers, 32" BFG A/T KM on AR 767 dual purpose trail rig.
07 Sahara 2 dr JK stock
04 WJ Overland w/ HOV V8. Loaded but otherwise stock
JohnnyBling is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2008, 06:40 AM   #20
blue92cherokee
1992 XJ Cherokee 

for some reason most of the parking spots i find are always beside other cherokees and even weirder is that a lot of the time when im leaving the other XJ's owner is almost always putting stuff in theirs its strange some kind of mass conspiracy or something
blue92cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2008, 06:41 AM   #21
bmyohn
Youngin'

2001 XJ Cherokee 

i park next to my friends jeep at school, and sometimes next to one thats got 3"s and 31s

4.6L Golen Engine Stroker

6.5" TnT Customs Longarm Kitl Ford HP D60 l 6.5" Rock Krawler Coils l TnT Customs HD Trac Barl Omix Ada HD SYE l 1" UBEsl CV Driveshaft l39.5" IROKsl 17x9" Pro Comp 98sl High Clearance Shock Mounts [COLOR="red"] l Hidden Hitch l AJs Custom Front Bumper l SONY Xplod stereo l Alpine Speakers l TnT Frame StiffenerZ l 22" RE SS Brake Lines l 1.5" TnT Customs Boomerang Shackles l Sterling 10.25 *FULL WIDTHS* l JKS Mini Skids and Sway Bar Brackets l 7/8" Heim Joint High Steer
bmyohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2008, 02:08 PM   #22
aircruiser
gravity sucks

1996 XJ Cherokee 

well i dont know if my jeep feels any better parking next to worse looking jeeps. the zj i parked next to was in about just as good condition exterior wise as mine. only problem is the girl that owns that zj parks in the far corner of the parking lot and im used to parking in an area near my team members (i work in front end and she works in hardware) so i couldnt really see my jeep all night. maybe my jeep will like parking near the jag, cirrus, neon and crv i usually parked next to when i drove my sebring. if jeeps like parking next to vehicles theyre better than, then my jeep will like it's new spot alot
aircruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2008, 02:25 PM   #23
Meltedmechanic
1993 XJ Cherokee 

from what i have heard, the liberty is the new cherokee it is taking the place of the cherokee.. which i wish all of them would catch on fire and jeep lose the blueprints to it. i rode in one once and they are about stupid..
Meltedmechanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2008, 02:27 PM   #24
MrSimon
1987 MJ Comanche 

There are three XJs in my work parking lot every day. Mine and two others. One of the others is an exact copy of mine .... same year, model, color .... I mean they are dead on twins. I saw the other driver trying to get into mine once.... it was pretty funny.

I try to park right next to his as often as I can. They are the two oldest vehicles in the lot .... kinda cool I think.
Unread 02-06-2008, 02:41 PM   #25
WoodyinTroy
1993 XJ Cherokee 

I though I was the only one who parked next to other Jeeps- and also never next to liberty's
WoodyinTroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2008, 02:43 PM   #26
fitbmxseries1
1987 YJ Wrangler 

every time i park at any type of store ill come out and theres always a jeep next to mine. so every one else must be doing it too lol
fitbmxseries1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2008, 05:14 PM   #27
alwaysready
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSimon View Post
There are three XJs in my work parking lot every day. Mine and two others. One of the others is an exact copy of mine .... same year, model, color .... I mean they are dead on twins. I saw the other driver trying to get into mine once.... it was pretty funny.
i did that when we had a black explorer(dime a dozen). i walked up to the back of another black explorer same wheels color ect.. popped open the hatch and there is a guy putting something in the back seat looking at me.
im stunned that a guy has my rear door open and doing something in my truck then wifes says thats not ours... i apoligized and felt like a rear.
Mine was 1 car away down the row.
I can laugh about it now. i almost had my stuff from menards in the back of his truck

Back to topic.
At school i park on the end of an isle so everyone can see it.
everywhere else if there a jeep and a spot then ill park next to it.
i only consider wranglers and cherokees jeeps though
So libbys and GC's etc dont count.
And i read the patriot is supposed to be the replacement for the cherokee.
Warn Winch bumper
Smittybuilt Winch
Aj's Super Rock Rails
Black XJ on Moabs Club Member #1 :D
alwaysready is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2008, 05:26 PM   #28
jersey_jim
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysready View Post
And i read the patriot is supposed to be the replacement for the cherokee.
i thought thats what the liberty was? since it started in '02 and i thought it was called a cherokee in other countrys?

what about the jeep 2500(i think thats what it was) i woudlnt mind one of them if they have a solid front axle.

previous xj's - 91,92,94,95 & 99
jersey_jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2008, 05:34 PM   #29
88XJSport
1988 XJ Cherokee 

Sometimes I come out of class only to find ddeadserious parked next to me.

Other than that, parking at school is a royal PITA, so I cant choose to park near anyone I want anyway.
88XJSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2008, 07:11 PM   #30
bigbike
1995 XJ Cherokee 

I park next to jeep, or in spot where nobdy else will go like snow and rocks and mud, I also tend to run over the curgs to get out of parking lots at school its much quicker and hondas wont do it.
bigbike is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.