Paper based print on headliner? -
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Paper based print on headliner?

6th annual beat your wife to the credit cards sale!!Get ready!! CyberMonday deals are coming!!!Last few hours of great savings

Unread 11-09-2015, 08:32 AM   #1
Paper based print on headliner?

ok so the time has come i have no choice
but to replace the headliner in my 95 xj sport.
the process of replacing the cloth is easy enough,
problem is that i've known this day was coming for a long while
and I've extensively searched for a unique fabric/cloth that will fit the overall theme/build of this baby and i'm coming up unfulfilled.

so, my question is this:
has anyone attempted and/or successfully applied any sort of paper based print on a headliner? has a vast array of large prints/posters with better designs & patterns than i have been able to find on a fabric or cloth.

the idea being to pull the headliner, go through the usual process of replacing the cloth, then applying the print over top of the fabric with the necessary holes for the center light and whatnot. seems like best idea would be to laminate the whole kitten kaboodle assuming i could find a laminate machine that the whole headliner could fit through.

just wondering if anyone has attempted this and could give me any pointers or tell me if its worth my time before i jump in headlong.

thanks in advance

LordOfPaintrock is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-09-2015, 10:18 AM   #2
Web Wheeler
1995 XJ Cherokee 
Your idea sounds interesting. I would experiment with another piece of material besides your headliner. Maybe clear polyurethane sprayed over it would work. But abrasions and punctures are gonna be hell on it. Google "tapestries" and see what you come up with cuz I really think you'd be better off with fabric.
S8NNG8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.