painting my xj with bathtub paint - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > painting my xj with bathtub paint

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 05-10-2014, 11:58 AM   #1
old_fbody

painting my xj with bathtub paint

Hey all this is my first post here on the forums I own a 1988 jeep Cherokee limited.
I will be painting my jeep today with bathtub paint lol I know I know alot of people will probably kick me in the *** for it I just bought my xj a few weeks ago it has a 3 inch lift with 31x10.5x15s it was pretty damn rough no door panels all the clear coat was peeling off the hood was rusted two doors didn't open it has no lock cylinders i even found a few black widows in there haha, but its coming along its kind of a daily driver/offroad toy and like any car it has issues
me and my neighbor were outside bored last night when all of a sudden he said jokin around lets paint your heep see how it turns out right away i was like hell what's the worst that can happen so we got to sanding and removing a few things took it to the dollar car wash rinsed it off and started masking we didn't do any body work really cause well we couldn't afford bondo or even a rattle can lol. This was a really quick job i took off some stuff but not that much. all in all it was fun we stayed up till 3am prepping and spraying Right now its baking in the sun i wanna post pics up but i don't know how!?

old_fbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2014, 04:29 PM   #2
1995_XJ
1995 XJ Cherokee 

To post a pic you have to first upload them on a hosting site like photobucket. Then you have to copy and paste the IMG tag from there to here
Unread 05-11-2014, 05:26 PM   #3
DunmerBoy
eXJpedition

1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_fbody View Post
Hey all this is my first post here on the forums I own a 1988 jeep Cherokee limited.
I will be painting my jeep today with bathtub paint lol I know I know alot of people will probably kick me in the *** for it I just bought my xj a few weeks ago it has a 3 inch lift with 31x10.5x15s it was pretty damn rough no door panels all the clear coat was peeling off the hood was rusted two doors didn't open it has no lock cylinders i even found a few black widows in there haha, but its coming along its kind of a daily driver/offroad toy and like any car it has issues
me and my neighbor were outside bored last night when all of a sudden he said jokin around lets paint your heep see how it turns out right away i was like hell what's the worst that can happen so we got to sanding and removing a few things took it to the dollar car wash rinsed it off and started masking we didn't do any body work really cause well we couldn't afford bondo or even a rattle can lol. This was a really quick job i took off some stuff but not that much. all in all it was fun we stayed up till 3am prepping and spraying Right now its baking in the sun i wanna post pics up but i don't know how!?
Only in AZ could it bake that well in the sun! and yeah, use photobucket

College Student in Genetics, Jeeper and musician

- Build Thread -
DunmerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2014, 11:26 PM   #4
Tom95YJ
[] Eye'd Jeep Connoisseur

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Read the FAQ's section all the answers about posting pics will be in there
Unread 05-13-2014, 06:02 PM   #5
Project1
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_fbody View Post
Nice man .. I would like to see. If you post a link i will post it as a pic for you
Unread 05-13-2014, 06:31 PM   #6
ravenworks
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Up until 3am?
Sounds like sombody ran out of beer.
Unread 05-13-2014, 06:43 PM   #7
Project1
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenworks View Post
Up until 3am?
Sounds like sombody ran out of beer.
they got lots of beer .. there using bathtub paint... .. well maybe beer and stuff
Unread 05-15-2014, 05:38 AM   #8
Kevin108
2000 XJ Cherokee 

I still want to see the pics!
Unread 05-15-2014, 01:34 PM   #9
Project1
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Unread 05-16-2014, 04:03 PM   #10
Tom95YJ
[] Eye'd Jeep Connoisseur

1999 XJ Cherokee 

No pics = Didn't Happen = /thread
Unread 05-16-2014, 04:12 PM   #11
AngryRedBird

Quote:
Magic Bath Tub & Tile Refinishing Kit Spray-On Epoxy, White is specially formulated to provide a hard, high-gloss and protective finish. The stain-resistant double coating withstands the demands of daily use and remains beautiful for years. The spray application provides professional results without brushing. Restore your bathtub yourself in a weekend and save hundreds, even thousands of dollars on your bathroom refresh. Magic Bath Tub & Tile Refinishing Kit withstands hot water and repeated usage with temperatures of up to 160 F / 71 C. It’s perfect for Bathtubs, Sinks, Showers, Ceramic Tile, Porcelain, Laminate, Fiberglass, and Metal. Coverage is one standard tub, 22 SQ FT, or approx. 4.5 ft. x 5 ft. (two coats each). Complete step-by-step bi-lingual directions are included in every package. Not recommended for high-heat appliances. 5-day cure time.
  • Restore your tub in a weekend
  • High-gloss porcelain-like finish
  • Professional grade, stain-resistant formula
  • Superior double-coated adhesion
  • Convenient spray-on application
  • Economical alternative to tub, sink or tile replacement
  • Works on fiberglass
  • Each package contains 2 cans of epoxy
  • Bright White
Source: http://www.homedepot.com/p/Magic-17-...NWTT/100397869

And this sounds like what the wife and I did when wanting to camo the 99 Wrangler..
AngryRedBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2014, 05:06 PM   #12
misfit77
1996 ZJ 

They sell epoxy appliance paint at ace hardware for 7 bux. Worked well on my drive shaft. Dried amazingly fast as well. Great alternative to powdercoating, since I have a tiny oven.
misfit77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2014, 07:15 PM   #13
old_fbody

Unread 05-16-2014, 07:16 PM   #14
old_fbody

Unread 05-16-2014, 07:16 PM   #15
old_fbody

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.