Painting a 1991 Cherokee - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Painting a 1991 Cherokee

*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineExtremeTerrain GROUP BUY: Barricade Rear Bumpers/Tire Carr

Unread 07-12-2013, 01:48 AM   #31
TABonifacio
1995 XJ Cherokee 

I was quoted $1,300 USD to get a paint job done on my XJ in the states from an independent auto facility, I've considered painting my XJ myself but like yourself I have little to no mechanical experience. Those initial prices that they quoted you nearly gave me a heart-attack! LOL! Motorcharge is right though, you never know if you can pull it off until you try it... Good luck with the paint job, I'm sure it will come out great!

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/95-xj-se-1513890/
TABonifacio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2013, 04:26 AM   #32
mschi772
Web Wheeler

1997 XJ Cherokee 

$1300 would give me a heart attack too...from the excitement of getting such a cheap quote! Mine will never be that low because I've got areas of developing rust that I want taken care of. If I didn't have rust to deal with (no welding skills), I'd probably try painting it myself, but since I need someone more skilled to tackle the rust I'll just have it all done professionally.
mschi772 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2013, 03:12 PM   #33
bobthecatkiller
2000 XJ Cherokee 

El cheapo, I think my monstaliner job was under $500
me: yaaaaa.
bobthecatkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2013, 05:37 PM   #34
Mike934

I've decided on rustoleum enamel "almond". Should have very little sheen but not be "flat". A buddies yota is in that same color and I dig it over flat camo tan. His is 3+ years old and looks great still.
Unread 07-12-2013, 07:12 PM   #35
bobthecatkiller
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Nice

Post up pics when it's done!
me: yaaaaa.
bobthecatkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2013, 09:44 PM   #36
Mike934

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthecatkiller View Post
Nice

Post up pics when it's done!
Mine will be starting in 2-4 weeks. Hopefully the sooner. Bought 5 cans today, gonna get sand paper for the da sander, some primer for rougher spots, a new passenger rear door. And more paint cans over all lol.
Also painting my roof with Henry's roofing paint. It's ceramic and reflects heat...ALOT of people on expo portal and alike run it, love it as it keeps their rigs much cooler. Being a desert rig, its needed for me lol.
Unread 07-13-2013, 10:29 PM   #37
TABonifacio
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschi772 View Post
$1300 would give me a heart attack too...from the excitement of getting such a cheap quote! Mine will never be that low because I've got areas of developing rust that I want taken care of. If I didn't have rust to deal with (no welding skills), I'd probably try painting it myself, but since I need someone more skilled to tackle the rust I'll just have it all done professionally.
The quote for it was pretty cheap but the shop I took it to apparently knows my Cousin very personally so he knocked about $300 off of the original quote...So the original quote would have been $1,600. Guess I should have put that in there...

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/95-xj-se-1513890/
TABonifacio is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.