opportunity to buy - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > opportunity to buy

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDisc Brake Kits from ECGS

Unread 07-19-2013, 09:53 PM   #1
um7267
1998 ZJ 

opportunity to buy

i have been looking around cl for a while and found what seems to be a good deal on a 99 cherokee sport auto with a 8.25 rear end for 600 bucks.

i looked at it today and kind of like it but i like to body style of the zj better and the fact that they are taller stock mine currently has a 2"bb and 28 inch tires

this xj i found needs some rust fixed below the back passenger door on the rocker, tires and, lift gate shocks, has a 200,000 miles on the body and 130,000 on the motor and trans/transfer case.

is there anyone who went from a zj to an xj? or xj to zj?
how do they compare handling wise on road, off road would be a few times a year
i would like to fix it and sell or keep it and sell my zj, and make a small profit (i have no job and in college and i know a few things about fixing cars, also have a but load of tools).

my zj has 230,000 with an r-title and i have about 2200 in it and would like to sell it for that if i do sell. unfortunately i didnt get to test drive the xj and will be looking at it again before i decide for sure what i am doing, but i wanted input

also does anyone have a link for a list of what needs done for what size lift, say if i put a 3" lift on an xj does the track bar need moved and shocks need lengthened?
thank you for helping

to the good times and the bad, the family we have and lost, little brother 1988-2011
um7267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2013, 10:06 PM   #2
bobthecatkiller
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Zj to xj
Zjs more comfortable
possible more power 5.2 or 5.9 v8s
Bigger

Xjs
More aftermarket support
Weigh less then zj
Cheaper to lift
Most have a 8.25 comparable to a 44 in terms of strength
xjs transmissions are said to be just as bullet proof as the legendary 4.0
Although iv seen many zjs with 200,000+ and the original tranny.

From what iv seen xjs tend to rust faster then zjs. That's not to say zjs don't rust. maybe it's just because people tend to abuse the **** out of xjs around here.
me: yaaaaa.
bobthecatkiller is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.