opinions, please - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > opinions, please

KrawlOff-Road.com Jeep Beach SaleFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueEliminate Hood Flutter!!!

Unread 10-24-2013, 08:37 PM   #1
Trons
2003 TJ Wrangler 

opinions, please

I'm not posting in tech, because I want opinions, not tech advice. I haven't posted lately because life, it gets in the way, sorry:

I have the chance to buy a '91 XJ for about $1000. It's got 270k on the ticker, 4.0, NP231. This will be a daily driver for my son till he can afford his own vehicle, then turns into a project for Dad.

I'm nervous about the mileage and the vacuum disconnect on the front axle. Pretty much everything else I've either done on my Jeep or helped somebody do on theirs, IF the motor and transmission are in good shape. Any reason I shouldn't buy it at that price?

I know it'll need work, what vehicle, at that price/age, wouldn't. Rear is sagging (I see a BB in the future with S10 springs and Ford Coils).

http://bgky.craigslist.org/cto/4139295060.html

Trons is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2013, 10:24 PM   #2
jeepster383

Vac diss sucks for the reason it fails. But I have it and I like it cause I was able to make my own cable lock for the fork in there and weld up the spider gears. Works great with my 31s good for on a budget and basicly free locker. So when I shift in 4wd it's realy 3wd till I pull my lever to engage the passenger side tire.
jeepster383 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.