Opinion on hood - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Opinion on hood

Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 08-19-2008, 07:38 AM   #1
steeda0129

Opinion on hood

Hey guys I'm new to the forum. I got a 99 xj with minor mods, nothing outrageous. Itís got rusty's offroad 3 inch lift along with full poly bushings all around. I bought aftermarket seats ( I believe they are nex-tech) from ebay, which are actually really comfy and hold up well considering its not a big time brand name. Besides that, I relocated the battery to the rear cargo (its actually a 7 year old yellow top optima that sat in the trunk in my mustang) Replaced the carpet from grey to black, added a 160 degree thermo stat and added a ram air hood. The wheels are cragar wrapped in kuhmo ventures. I wanted to get some opinions on the hood I have and I was hoping to hear all opinions whether good or bad. The guy who originally made the hood spot welded the seams instead of welding them fully so the edges cracked. So my question is should I keep it the way it is, or get another one in flat black instead? Thanks.

http://usera.imagecave.com/mustang0129/Jeep/

btw it say's I joined in 05' but i've only used the forum once and never really introduced myself.

steeda0129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2008, 08:28 AM   #2
blue92cherokee
1992 XJ Cherokee 

i like it looks wicked
blue92cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2008, 09:01 AM   #3
steeda0129

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisgerman1983 View Post
i like it looks wicked

Thanks, I appreciate that.
Unread 08-19-2008, 09:27 AM   #4
oldmanriver
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Can we get afew close ups of the problem area?

Lookin good though, only thing I'd change are the seats... they kinda look like they belong in a civic to me

'90 xj: Wrecked, waiting for the day it can become a full blown trail rig.

'00 wj SOLD (still in family)
oldmanriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2008, 10:25 AM   #5
steeda0129

Those pictures are from last year, my cam is not working right now so I wouldnt be able to get close up pics. The seats might look off, but they definately hold me in place. I would slide around a lot in the stockers. Besides, every girl i've had in the truck loves the comfy feel.
Unread 08-19-2008, 05:40 PM   #6
the303hooligan
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Rockin hood!

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeda0129 View Post
Hey guys I'm new to the forum. I got a 99 xj with minor mods, nothing outrageous. Itís got rusty's offroad 3 inch lift along with full poly bushings all around. I bought aftermarket seats ( I believe they are nex-tech) from ebay, which are actually really comfy and hold up well considering its not a big time brand name. Besides that, I relocated the battery to the rear cargo (its actually a 7 year old yellow top optima that sat in the trunk in my mustang) Replaced the carpet from grey to black, added a 160 degree thermo stat and added a ram air hood. The wheels are cragar wrapped in kuhmo ventures. I wanted to get some opinions on the hood I have and I was hoping to hear all opinions whether good or bad. The guy who originally made the hood spot welded the seams instead of welding them fully so the edges cracked. So my question is should I keep it the way it is, or get another one in flat black instead? Thanks.

http://usera.imagecave.com/mustang0129/Jeep/

btw it say's I joined in 05' but i've only used the forum once and never really introduced myself.
Looks good!...You have any pics of the underside of our hood?...Do you run 2 seperate holes,just one or is the cowl just for looks?...Looks good either way but i'd like to see the cutouts if you have pics of them....Hood looks like a TRD preerunner style..
1998 Jeep Wrangler TJ Sport 4.0 I6, D30 and D44,4.56 G2 Gears,belly,gas & steering skids, 35x12.5 Wrangler MTR Kevlars,4" ProComp Coils,1.25" JKS BL,1"Currie MML,Bilstein 5100's, Chromoly LCA's front and rear, JKS Disco's,K&N intake,PSC BFH front stinger bumper w/winch & d-rings,PSC Rear stinger/carrier w/d-ring,PSC Rocker Knockers,Dynomax Ultraflo welded ss, APN header,PIAA 520 ATP, Bestop top,alpine CDA-105 deck,Tuffy underseat Security box, JL Audio speakers in sound bar and dash, Corbeau front seats, matching Neoprene cover on bench,trimmed flares...and PLENTY more to come..
**Oil Field Trash Makin' Oil Field Ca$h**
the303hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2008, 05:50 PM   #7
boondocksaint
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Your jeep looks pretty badass. I like the hood. I think flat black might look a little weird, tho....just my .

Also, I think it might look better with a little bit bigger tire, but thats off topic.....

White 95 XJ - Jacked up and abused
White 98 XJ - Stock and babied
boondocksaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2008, 06:34 AM   #8
steeda0129

Yeah I doubt i'll be able to get pics until possibly next week. The cowl hood is fully functional, full ram air. In the winter you can see the heat of the engine escaping thru it, its kinda neat. I will try to get some pics but it wont be till next week. I stayed with 30 inch tires because it was a big price jump from 30 to 31, and i had a budget in mind.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.