Operation: Interior Swap? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Operation: Interior Swap?

~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippMagnaflow SS Cat Back Exhaust System, Street, High Clearan

Unread 08-26-2013, 12:13 PM   #1
vjz
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Operation: Interior Swap?

Okay guys,

Last week I picked up a 1999 Classic. It's got the black interior with the head rest seats. I love the black interior better than my two tone black/light gray on my 98 sport that I am keeping.

The interior on my Sport is IMMACULATE. It still kind of smells new.

The Classic, while reasonably clean, has been smoked in, the driver's side door panel would need to be swapped, and a few other panels. The carpet is in so-so condition, but could probably clean up.

The seats themselves are in good shape, but need to be steam cleaned.

I got the Classic for a great price and will be selling it once I get the title back in my name from the license branch.

Would you guys swap?

vjz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2013, 05:43 PM   #2
jakecarder
2000 XJ Cherokee 

The smoke smell on all the plastic pieces could be easily cleaned. I smoke in my jeep but once a month I wipe down every plastic piece with a great cleaner. As well as rent a rug doctor from the grocery store . People that ride with me I don't let smoke and they cant tell I smoke in the jeep
jakecarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2013, 09:26 AM   #3
vjz
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I have a small Bissell steam cleaner that I'm in the process of using on the interior.

My biggest concern is the change in smell. My 98 still has a like new smell to it, and I really don't want to lose that. Mother's VLR keeps a "new car" like smell for quite some time, but my Jeep seems to have some sort of magical scent generator.

As far as team cleaning, you'd be amazed at all the DARK brown water that comes out of nearly every car seat I have cleaned.

Depending on how this interior cleans up and smells afterward, I may do the swap. The headliner is disgusting, and I think I may just pull the fabric, rhino line it, and paint over it in light gray. I'll let that sit in my garage for a few days to gas out and not smell up the interior.
vjz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2013, 06:57 PM   #4
Motorcharge
1992 XJ Cherokee 

You can always pull the panels and clean them to get the smell out. Lots of baking soda on the seats and carpet for a bit. Pull the carpet, wash it and let it air dry. Frigi Fresh the HVAC system. Unless someone chain smoked in the thing constantly and never dumped out the ash tray and never cleaned it then it's really not that difficult to get out.

Worst come to worst you could always ozone shock the inside.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.