OME 2.5in Lift Question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > OME 2.5in Lift Question

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 03-05-2014, 09:50 PM   #1
Zadam
1998 XJ Cherokee 

OME 2.5in Lift Question

I have been eyeing these for a while now. Before I do the plunge, is there anything else I would be needing that's not included?

http://csloffroad.com/jeepxj25omesus...hyslr8.25.aspx

I was unable to find a lot of information on these. Hell, was not able to find a lot of info on 2.5in OME for XJ at all.

Due to a hefty price, will be looking at a t-case drop (if needed) and a SYE in the future. Hoping I wont need either for 2.5in.

And for those that are wondering, looking at 31s Firestone Destination ATs to go with this.

Zadam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2014, 12:58 AM   #2
Muddy97Cherokee
1997 XJ Cherokee 

No, shouldn't need anything major. Look into some new sway bar links if you plan on running it. Stock links will barely work but won't work as good as new ones. You'll be happy with OME. I love my OME 3.5" leaf springs. They are great on the road and on the trails. Shouldn't need a SYE or a t-case drop. If you do have vibrations look into some degree shims. 31's should fit good too. May have to do a little trimming on some plastic in the wheel wells so you have no rubbing at all. Other than that should work out great.

[URL="https://www.facebook.com/groups/295467847240084/"][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Lime"][COLOR="SeaGreen"][FONT="Arial"]Oklahoma Unibody Jeepers[/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]

[URL="http://okjeepers.com/"][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Yellow"][FONT="Arial"]Oklahoma Jeepers[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]

-Zack
Muddy97Cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2014, 04:56 PM   #3
Zadam
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Good to hear, thanks for the tips.

This is my DD, but its so hard not to spend money on upgrades. The longer I own it the more I understand the JEEP acronym
Unread 03-07-2014, 05:34 PM   #4
Motorcharge
1992 XJ Cherokee 

I'd highly suggest buying their coils and springs and not bothering with their shocks. Their shocks are incredibly overpriced and you don't need new ones at 2.5". If you happen to need new shocks you can get Bilsteins, which are nicer anyway, for a good deal less.

WANTED: YJ Rollbar - PM for details.
Motorcharge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2014, 06:59 PM   #5
Muddy97Cherokee
1997 XJ Cherokee 

The leafs are around $350 shipped with bushings. Not sure on coils probably around $150 + shipping. Bilsteins around $80 each so $350 shipped. Spend about the same.

[URL="https://www.facebook.com/groups/295467847240084/"][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Lime"][COLOR="SeaGreen"][FONT="Arial"]Oklahoma Unibody Jeepers[/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]

[URL="http://okjeepers.com/"][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Yellow"][FONT="Arial"]Oklahoma Jeepers[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]

-Zack
Unread 03-07-2014, 07:07 PM   #6
Motorcharge
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddy97Cherokee View Post
The leafs are around $350 shipped with bushings. Not sure on coils probably around $150 + shipping. Bilsteins around $80 each so $350 shipped. Spend about the same.
Shop around and you can get all that for less. JF members get discounts and free shipping on a number of sites as well. I personally wouldn't pay $400+ for the ARB shocks. The OME leafs and coils are reasonably priced but their shocks are stupid expensive for what they are.

WANTED: YJ Rollbar - PM for details.
Motorcharge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2014, 08:48 PM   #7
bdub11

I bought the medium duty 1.5-2 inch lift about a year ago. Awesome ride and no regrets making this the first upgrade on the XJ. It was pricey, but all the advice I had at the time said it was worth the money. After a year, I would whole heatedly agree.
bdub11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2014, 08:53 PM   #8
jhickman1
2006 LJ Wrangler 

If you haven't made your purchase yet, I'd encourage you to check with Dirk at DPG Offroad before you buy. The price, service and knowledge can't be beat. I've bought two XJ and one TJ lift from him (all OME) and each one has been exactly what I wanted.
jhickman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2014, 08:05 AM   #9
majastee508

i purchased the ome medium duty rear springs and xj coil springs with the ome coil spacer. I'm running 245/75R16 good year duratracs on the stock limited rims with no wheel spacers and have no rubbing problems. i opted to go with the shocks off of a jk which with some slight mods are adaptable for an xj. got the shocks off ebay from a dealer that had installed a lift kit on the jk before it was sold. $80 for all four shocks and I'm happy with the overall ride especially compared to some of the other lifted xj"s I've had.
majastee508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2014, 10:18 AM   #10
Zadam
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I did some shopping around, and when buying individual parts majority are for 3in+. I could probably reuse the current shocks to save a bit, but they are original to the car. Rather replace them and be sure its going to last for years to come (hence looking at OME)

After reading more about the 2.5 kit I was going for, it seems to be light duty. I plan on using the Jeep to haul some stuff, so gonna have to read up on light vs heavy.

I went to DPG Offroad and was drooling over the 3.5 Ultimate

Are there any other recommend sites to look through? I don't recall DPG Offroad ever coming up through my google searches.

I am gonna keep looking around and see the best deal I can get when including Bilsteins.
Unread 03-09-2014, 10:40 AM   #11
majastee508

when i ordered mine i went with quadratec because being a member here they give you free shipping. i contacted dirk at dpg when i was sourcing parts and wasn't pleased with the attitude i received so decided to go elsewhere but every one else says there service is good so maybe i just got them on a bad day
majastee508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2014, 10:51 AM   #12
Muddy97Cherokee
1997 XJ Cherokee 

I got my OME 3.5" leafs from JeepinOutfitters.com. Not sure if they sell the entire kit. And I got my Bilsteins from SeriousOffroadProducts.com. The leaf springs were $130 each and the Bilsteins $70 each. Couldn't find anything really cheaper than those.

-Zack
Unread 03-09-2014, 12:50 PM   #13
Killerjoke
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I have the 2.5" OME lift on my 99 XJ Sport DD and it rides great but consider going to the 3.5" because 2.5 wasn't enough in my opinion.

"I’d take from those that have and give to those that want it until I have killed the incentive of the ambitious"
Killerjoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2014, 03:07 PM   #14
jhickman1
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by majastee508 View Post
when i ordered mine i went with quadratec because being a member here they give you free shipping. i contacted dirk at dpg when i was sourcing parts and wasn't pleased with the attitude i received so decided to go elsewhere but every one else says there service is good so maybe i just got them on a bad day
Not to dispute your experience with DPG, but just want to state for the record that your experience must have been the rare exception.....I'd go so far to say you might have gotten the wrong number Anyway, Dirk has always gotten me what I needed and on many occasions has steered me away from a potential purchase that he didn't believe I needed even though he would have made additional profit. Buying from DPG is the difference between dealing with someone who has read about their product and someone who has actually helped develop it - no comparison.
jhickman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2014, 04:43 PM   #15
Zadam
1998 XJ Cherokee 

This is deffinetly no longer about OME 2.5in. Thanks for all the suggestions.

After shopping around, I ended up looking at 3.5in. If I am going to do it, might as well do it right! I am surprised by the final cost to be honest. I am sure I am forgetting some parts, so let me know what I may be missing. Here is what I am looking at as of now.

Coils
Rubicon Express RE1300

Shocks
Bilstein 5100 24-188197
Bilstein 5100 33-066868

Adj Track Bar
Rubicon Express RE1660

Read Leafs
OME 3.5in

SYE
Advanced Adapters SYE
Front Driveshaft from local Junkyard

Other
Bushings
U-Bolts

Hoping the shipping wont be too much on non amazon sites (free shipping otherwise, prime ftw!). With other hardware I may need (from local NAPA), and hopefully low shipping cost I am looking at ~$1100

I should really start my build thread.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.