Okie xj build - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Okie xj build

Offset Tie Rod Kit From RuffStuff!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 12-14-2013, 08:32 PM   #1
94xjwheeler
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Okie xj build

I just bought a 1994 xj 4.0 auto for the past 5 years it has been a dedicated trailered trail rig it has a total of 6in. suspension lift chrome moly axle shaft lockers front and rear 3.55 gears with the d30/8.25 tom woods drive shafts slip yoke eliminator 33in mud kings upgraded steering brace removable doors a roof rack, rock rails and an onboard air compressor. Now my question is what should I do? I have my first event in march so i got alot of work ahead of me. I have already got black steel offroad wheels and 35in. bfg mud terrains and new pro comp shocks the ones that cost $75 a piece, and a cold air intake. My ideas are 4.56/4.88 gears either one, upgrade to dual steering stabilizer, and bumper, winch and lights. I know theres alot more to do to a jeep im a first time owner always owned big heavy rigs so it's a lil different. I want yall to give me some good ideas if this truck was yours what would you wanna do? snorkel? cage? longer arms? it's still gunna be a trailered rig but I want it to be nice to wheel so thanks in advance to all the feedback

94xjwheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2013, 12:41 AM   #2
jeepster383

Cage, lower it, 35s, front/rear locker, winch and long arms.
jeepster383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2013, 08:15 AM   #3
Camfam07
1996 XJ Cherokee 

no pictures?? im also from TULSA, OK welcome to the forums! i haven't seen very many Tulsa, ok on here finally someone local! post pics lets see~!
Camfam07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2013, 06:05 PM   #4
Darkstardevil26
1990 XJ Cherokee 

I think most people are going to say the same thing. Dual steering stabilizers would serve almost no purpose, nor benefit much in any way. Your money could be better spent else where. Now I'm curious to know why up the tire size to 35" tires? Why not just keep it at 33"? If you're going to keep it as a trailer rig, and not trying to drive the thing I'd go with the 4.88's.

-Jeremy
Darkstardevil26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2013, 06:16 PM   #5
94xjwheeler
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Well the only reason going to 35s ia bc i got a set 85% tread mud terrains for free and i am considering the 4.88s do you think its wise to buy all new bushings bearings that they sell? And i have been researching cages what kind of cage goes well for these rigs? Do i really need a full cage,4pt.?rollbar? What yall think?
94xjwheeler is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.