OK. So I came up with a sick idea for a Cherokee - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > OK. So I came up with a sick idea for a Cherokee

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectThanksgiving holiday sale in effect @ oconeeoffroad.comRugged Ridge 8500lb Winch w/ Steel Cable $294.99 Shipped O

Unread 09-05-2008, 12:37 PM   #1
d-man5000
1993 XJ Cherokee 

OK. So I came up with a sick idea for a Cherokee

Well i was sitting at work and i was thinking about the Baja 1000 and Jeepspeed racing. And i thought what if i made a Cherokee like a Trophy Truck. Here's what i would do:

Buy a 2 wheel drive cherokee and junk everthing in it.

Buy a 4 wheel drive Chevrolet 1500 or whatever else is 4wd.

Chop the fron suspension off of the truck and mate it to the Cherokee.

Get a transvers style transmission from a V8 car and get a sick V8 engine and build it up. That way you can put the engine in the cab longitudinal and send both outputs from the tranny to the front and rear axles. Tada! 4 wheel drive!

Mount the engine mid way in the cab of the cherokee and get all the ventillation and what ever else it needs to keep cool. Get a seperating sound proof wall to block off the engine from the driver's area.

Mount all the necessities and everything for the engine out back. fuel cell and all.

Of course full roll cage and all the stuff to make it conquer terrain like no tomorrow.

What do you think????

Ford 9" w/ Mini Spool
Toyo Open Country M/T's 33-13.50/R15
Warn Bumpers (Both)
d-man5000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-05-2008, 12:46 PM   #2
funinmud
1998 XJ Cherokee 

uhhh i like this idea better http://jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=367176

98 XJ on 32's and 2-3" lift, locked, armored, and ready to rock.
funinmud is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-05-2008, 01:19 PM   #3
oldmanriver
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-man5000 View Post

Get a transvers style transmission from a V8 car and get a sick V8 engine and build it up. That way you can put the engine in the cab longitudinal and send both outputs from the tranny to the front and rear axles. Tada! 4 wheel drive!

What do you think????
I think it sounds like an awful lot of trouble.. Why not just use a beefy tcase? Or with all that work just drop a xj body on a full frame.. Or go the only REAL way and use two hemi's like in the hurricane concept

'90 xj: Wrecked, waiting for the day it can become a full blown trail rig.

'00 wj SOLD (still in family)
oldmanriver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-05-2008, 01:50 PM   #4
XJLI
1993 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-man5000 View Post

What do you think????
lol .

XJLI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-05-2008, 03:38 PM   #5
broncofire75
1998 XJ Cherokee 

A TTB axle out of a Ranger would do good.

It was Ford's first try on a semi IFS. I have a 44 TTB on my Bronco and they ride better than solid axles but you lose strength. May people use them for desert racing and such since the are in reason a 2 piece axle.
-Shaved 8.25 w/HD shafts/Auburn LS/4:10s, HP30 w/ Lock-right, sliders, HD track bar bracket, AA SYE, AppA TC skid, AFE intake, Magnaflow exhaust, Bored TB-
broncofire75 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.