Notch Customs Fender Flares - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Notch Customs Fender Flares

G2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!

Unread 12-06-2013, 03:27 AM   #16
Timo_90xj
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

Location: Helsinki, Finland - on the European side of the Atlantic
In other words, the flares are tough, but the mounting system isn't

Iäm wondering if you could add some sort of plating (sheetmetal spot- welded to the body) under the flares to prevent them from ripping through the body/ doors? I know it's a lot of work, but we all know that just the thin sheetmetal with self-tappers won't work on serious stuff.

I guess Notch customs has built these to look good and mount easily(no need to remove door panels or trim panels in the rear to install some sort of stock- style mounting strips). So, as always with aftermarket products, there's a catch and things could be improved..

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/d...s-etc-1222317/

1990 XJ Limited (4-door), 4.0 I6, AW4, NP242, ***rolled and totalled @ 165k miles***

***Under construction***
1990 XJ (4-door), 4.0 I6, AW4, NP242, PBR 42" tires, Unimog 404 portal axles, 110" WB, full cage + uniframe completely rebuilt, front 3-link + panhard / double triangulated 4-link rear,... ***SOLD***
Timo_90xj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-06-2013, 03:52 AM   #17
sAe23
1995 XJ Cherokee 

I would have liked to see him bash the flair against the ground like it was a hammer, but hitting it with the second sledge hammer was pretty impressive.

Too bad I just don't like the looks... too boxy / bulky / inelegant (Not that I could design a better one...).
sAe23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-06-2013, 10:22 AM   #18
GetLifted
1996 XJ Cherokee 

THIS

Is why I would never use fiberglass. Could care less about some "tough looking video". For the cost of these flares, a company could paint match carbon fiber and still churn a good profit. I would never consider anything fiberglass except speaker enclosures or I/O powerboats.
GetLifted is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-06-2013, 04:51 PM   #19
ibjeepin95
Web Wheeler

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Bushwackers are supposed to be strong too, and they are plastic. I've seen them literally explode once when leaned up against a rock. I'd hate to see fiberglass.
ibjeepin95 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-06-2013, 06:01 PM   #20
1990JEEPXJ
1990 XJ Cherokee 

I run them

They were free

They are invisible

They are indestructible

My POS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Dillard View Post
Yea, and I thought it was one of the 11 Commandments:
11) Thou shalt love, cherish, and honor till death, thine square headlights above all other earthy things sayith the Lord.
1990JEEPXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-13-2013, 11:18 PM   #21
robswampthing
Grocery getter

2000 XJ Cherokee 

You do have to remove all the interior trim in the rear to install them, and their is quite a bit of work involved, i have an install thread detailing it here.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/n...lares-1607841/

May 2014 COTM
robswampthing is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-13-2013, 11:37 PM   #22
robswampthing
Grocery getter

2000 XJ Cherokee 

also for the record like i stated before, the flare itself, is super strong so far, and i have knocked it off trees when i slid down some sloppy leaves into the flare against a tree, i broke one of the bolts, but the flare itself shows no damage. Just paint scratched

May 2014 COTM
robswampthing is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.