Notch Customs Fender Flares - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Notch Customs Fender Flares

Artec Holiday Sale!Bead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-GearROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 02-04-2013, 10:49 AM   #1
elCapitan28
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Notch Customs Fender Flares

Just thought I'd throw this on for people to see. Finished putting on my new X-Max flares from Notch Customs. I guess another company used to sell these, but Notch Customs is new, and acquired the molds from the other guys.

It took a while for install, since they require a lot of cutting and stuff, but I think it was worth the work.

For my money, they're the best flares you can get for an XJ. I'm running a 4.5" lift and 32's, but I'd have room for 35's without rubbing, easy.

2013-02-04_09-11-26_398-640x361-.jpg   2013-02-04_09-09-58_37-640x361-.jpg   2013-02-04_09-09-30_693-640x361-.jpg  
elCapitan28 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2013, 03:01 PM   #2
aguelzo89
1995 XJ Cherokee 

More info??? These are really catching what im looking for! Prices?
aguelzo89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2013, 03:19 PM   #3
elCapitan28
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Whadya wanna know!?

Price was $470 for the whole set, so a little less than bushwacker cutouts, and way better looking. (check out the website: www.notchcustoms.com They've got stuff for Grand Cherokees, too, and the prices are a little different)

They're about 1/4" fiberglass, and sturdy as heck. Came with all the hardware needed, and primed (no paint). I'm glad they weren't painted, though, because most flares you can only get black. I went ahead and spent just a little extra to have them painted to match my white, so I could keep the all-white look I'm going for. You could do it really cheap and easy, and just rattle-can them black if you wanted, though. Or even use rubberized undercoat, or rhino-line type stuff.

A little sanding here and there, and they fit the body pretty well. I'm a bit anal, and wanted a seamless fit, so a can of Bondo and a half hour extra, these things look like they're part of the body, all around.

Mostly I love how much clearance they have. You can see, on the front they go from the edge of the light, right back to the door. And on the rear, it's a two-part piece--one on the back door, and the other as high up as it can go without covering the gas tank door.
Unread 02-04-2013, 07:59 PM   #4
DillsburgXJ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Looks good. Do you happen to have any pics from before you installed these. I'd like to see a before/after.
Iron Rock double shear track bar
Crown HD Steering upgrade
C-Rok steering brace...
DillsburgXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2013, 11:40 PM   #5
elCapitan28
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Not the best quality, but...
066.jpg  
Unread 02-04-2013, 11:55 PM   #6
GetLifted
1996 XJ Cherokee 

So a google search brings up all the whored threads OP started today on every jeep forum hahahaa

So what is notch, where are they, what do these cost?

They look like the Chinese 2500 flares
GetLifted is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-05-2013, 12:10 AM   #7
elCapitan28
2000 XJ Cherokee 

They're in Utah, and like I said, the flares were $470. When I find a good product and good people to work with, I never have a problem spreading the word.

Speaking of which, I got my rock sliders from JCR, and it was a good deal for a solid product. I'm thinking of doing bumpers next, now that the flares are done, and JCR has the weld-it-yourself kits. If anyone's put one of those together, I'd be curious to hear how it went.
Unread 03-20-2013, 11:34 PM   #8
ZJMarshall
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetLifted View Post
So a google search brings up all the whored threads OP started today on every jeep forum hahahaa

So what is notch, where are they, what do these cost?

They look like the Chinese 2500 flares
I noticed this also... Not that I really care if Capitan is affiliated with Notch in some way, the flares are badass!

UJC Member #144
ZJMarshall is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-20-2013, 11:54 PM   #9
elCapitan28
2000 XJ Cherokee 

I've known the owners since before they started Notch, so yeah, I'm affiliated, I guess, and have no qualms about spreading the word. Good guys with a good product. Although, since I originally posted this, they've taken off just fine without me having to post personally about them. In other words, don't just take my word for it.

Here's a thread they started on the forum with their official vendor account
Here's another guy that got a set for his ZJ and included it in his build thread
And here's their Facebook page

...ok, so I guess that's still plugging for them, but whatever. Bottom line: I love my flares, so I recommend Notch whenever I can.
Unread 03-21-2013, 05:08 PM   #10
pmondo
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Wow.....$95 to ship to PA.........
pmondo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-21-2013, 05:14 PM   #11
Motorcharge
I know more than you.

1991 MJ Comanche 

Almost $600 after shipping for some massive fiberglass flares? lol no thanks
You might as well flush money down the toilet if you do any serious wheeling, they're not going to take any abuse.

This isn't tech either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Swanson
There is no such thing as bad weather. Only inadequate clothing and transportation.
Motorcharge is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-22-2013, 12:32 AM   #12
Charley3
Web Wheeler
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Wow. Those are beautiful!
Charley3 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-26-2013, 01:14 PM   #13
MoabRuss

Actually, we're pretty dang proud of just how durable these things are. Seriously, head on over to NotchCustoms.com and watch the video on our homepage called "Just how tough?" We're a Utah company, and we do some serious wheeling with our personal Jeeps running these flares, down in Moab, St. George... all over... with no problems!

This is no thin plastic. They're handlaid 1/4" fiberglass with woven reinforcement. And if you happened to completely rest your Jeep on its side, with the flares right up against a rock, and managed to scratch or chip them to the point they need repair (and that would take some work) that's another great thing about fiberglass. They DO repair! And pretty easily, too.
MoabRuss is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-05-2013, 04:59 PM   #14
robswampthing
Grocery getter

2000 XJ Cherokee 

I hate to say it, but the whole durable thing in the video. Is nothing without a solid mounting system. Ask me how I know-_- pretty pissed now that I have huge holes drilled in the body of
My vehicle and my rear doors for the bolts they mount with that brake off every single time I go wheeling... Hundreds of dollars later, I'm searching for a way to fix the damage they've done, and still have clean looking body lines.
robswampthing is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-05-2013, 10:39 PM   #15
GetLifted
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by robswampthing View Post
I hate to say it, but the whole durable thing in the video. Is nothing without a solid mounting system. Ask me how I know-_- pretty pissed now that I have huge holes drilled in the body of
My vehicle and my rear doors for the bolts they mount with that brake off every single time I go wheeling... Hundreds of dollars later, I'm searching for a way to fix the damage they've done, and still have clean looking body lines.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorcharge View Post
Almost $600 after shipping for some massive fiberglass flares? lol no thanks
You might as well flush money down the toilet if you do any serious wheeling, they're not going to take any abuse.

This isn't tech either.
Sounds like motorcharge had some sound advice. Sorry to hear about the flares but it's obvious they are a bling factor and add no benefit to wheeling. Rob, the only thing I suggest is spot weld or body filling and having a professional repair the holes. I have had my stock 96 paint matched flares since day one. Currently on 6.5" of lift and 33" tires and they are holding on just fine.

Good luck!
GetLifted is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.