Not sure where to start - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Not sure where to start

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 09-10-2013, 07:59 PM   #1
djordan6319
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Not sure where to start

I have a few things that need replaced on my XJ but not sure where to start . It is a 2001 with a 5.5 rubicon short arm lift with sway bar disconnects sitting on 33x12.50x15 MK2's..Here is what i am going to replace and why i am replacing the parts...

upper and lower control arm bushings (bushings are shot lots of popping noise)

sway bar bushings and disconnect bushings (all bushings are dry rotted and lots of movement in end links and sway bar)

upper ball joints (ball joints are good but my camber is out so i need adjustable ball joints)

wheel hub (passenger side wheel bearing is starting to make noise)

all tie rod ends (all seem to be ok just a lot of wear and tear on them)

Thanks for you advice

djordan6319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2013, 08:12 PM   #2
Muddy97Cherokee

1997 XJ Cherokee 

I would start at all the mechanical problems. When you do the hub, also do the ball joints and the TRE's. Those are all easily capable in 1 day. In fact, the cracking/popping noise you here might be your hub.
BUILD THREAD

-ZACK
Muddy97Cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2013, 10:58 AM   #3
djordan6319
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the advice Muddy.....I am going to buy all new parts and rebuild the front and rear suspension so all the TRE's will be replaced as well as ball joints ect. The reason i didn't know where to start with this is all the ball joints TRE's wheel hubs ect are all still in good shape (not needing replaced) .....as far as the popping noise it is my control arm I had it on a lift looking at the control arms and the bushing is gone the control arm just slides from side to side
djordan6319 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.