No crank/start - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > No crank/start

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 08-26-2014, 10:21 AM   #1
bessyboy
2001 WJ 

Recently I put in a new radio in the XJ. After installing it I realized I left the key in the on position and it must have drained my battery. At first it cranked and would start but you had to give it gas to keep it running. Now it's not starting at all. I checked all fuses and now I'm stuck

And to add, I've had it on a battery tender for awhile. Also tried starting it on "start mode" and still nothing

Unread 08-26-2014, 11:06 AM   #2
bessyboy
2001 WJ 

Another update, I just kept trying to start it by turning the key all the way off and on and it finally started. But I shut it off and tried starting it agin and nothing. Would this be the ignition switch?
Unread 09-04-2014, 02:35 AM   #3
88cherokeee
1988 XJ Cherokee 

MAP sensor? that thingy from the air box to the intake. you said fuses how about relays?
88cherokeee is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.