New to xj's - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > New to xj's

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 08-24-2013, 04:31 PM   #1
93jeepREDSOX
1993 YJ Wrangler 

New to xj's

Hey guys, i have been on this forum for a while, but over in the yj forums. Well i wrecked the yj so as i build it back up i decided to pick up an xj for dd purposes. So hopefully i got fair deal, its a 96, 4.0, 5sp, with what i have been told is a 3" rusty's lift. Only has 126k and has new water pump, thermostat, master and slave cylinder, got it for $2400. Needs new tires and as i figured out on the ride home, has some death wobble. I have researched some about the death wobble which is pretty much replace anything up front that is loose or looks worn. So I have ordered new ball joints, upper and lower, tie rod ends, and a steering stabilizer. So any suggestions of anything else that i should look at to cure the death wobble please feel free to throw out suggestions.

img_6628.jpg

img_7637.jpg

1993 YJ 4" RE lift, 1/2" shackles, AA SYE Kit, 33x12.50 Trxus M/T, Warn bumbers front and rear, Warn M8000 winch, 4 Hella fog lights, Magnaflow cat, flowmaster muffler with no tailpipe, herced tub, tj flares

HOW BOUT THEM REDSOX

My Rigrator score 535RRv1.0 BOA 25
93jeepREDSOX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-01-2013, 08:42 AM   #2
93jeepREDSOX
1993 YJ Wrangler 

So i think i figured out my death wobble problem, i had the rustys steering "upgrade" and a couple of the tie rod ends were shot. So instead of trying to deal with rustys and get the replacement parts i just went ahead and ordered a zj tie rod and got a stock drag link. So hopefully that solves that problem. Also picked up a set of used 31s and bought some mickey thompson classic rims from my friend.
1993 YJ 4" RE lift, 1/2" shackles, AA SYE Kit, 33x12.50 Trxus M/T, Warn bumbers front and rear, Warn M8000 winch, 4 Hella fog lights, Magnaflow cat, flowmaster muffler with no tailpipe, herced tub, tj flares

HOW BOUT THEM REDSOX

Unread 09-05-2013, 02:39 PM   #3
RustysOffroad

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93jeepREDSOX View Post
So i think i figured out my death wobble problem, i had the rustys steering "upgrade" and a couple of the tie rod ends were shot. So instead of trying to deal with rustys and get the replacement parts i just went ahead and ordered a zj tie rod and got a stock drag link. So hopefully that solves that problem. Also picked up a set of used 31s and bought some mickey thompson classic rims from my friend.
You could get the replacement parts from almost anywhere.

The replacement part # for the tie-rod ends are:
#52005739R / MOOG part # ES3096R (Right Hand)
#52005739L / MOOG part # ES3096L (Left Hand).
[url]https://www.facebook.com/RustysOffRoad?ref=ts&fref=ts[/url]
RustysOffroad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-05-2013, 11:05 PM   #4
AKIQPilot

2001 XJ Cherokee 

Good looking XJ. Welcome to the forum. Look real close at both ends of the track bar. The axle end bushing wears out pretty easily it seems.
AKIQPilot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-10-2013, 10:09 AM   #5
93jeepREDSOX
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Yea i think i may just order a new one next month with a steering box brace just to be safe. I put on the new drag link and tie rod and drove it around, got up to 45-50 and it seemed better. Needs and alignment though cause the steering wheel is off and the tires are out of alignment. Unless there is a way i can do it myself or with a friend.

All of the tie rods on the rustys "upgraded" steering were toast though so i am hoping they were the main cause. Nothing else seems to move if i give it a good shake with my hand.

HOW BOUT THEM REDSOX

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.