New Xj_Owner, with a project on my hands! take a look - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > New Xj_Owner, with a project on my hands! take a look

XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 05-17-2011, 09:29 PM   #1
XJ_Owner
1993 XJ Cherokee 

New Xj_Owner, with a project on my hands! take a look

So a few months ago, my Gf's 94 xj was totaled as she watched a guy come flying into the parking lot of subway and have her "baby" smashed. This jeep of hers is what made us become jeepanatics. This is my toy and i want to make it sick!

POST YOUR INPUTS!

The one below only looks they way it does because after the Accident i found a 93 xj so i figured no better way to figure out whats what and where it goes then by tearing this one apart.

Took the front seats out to have room to work in that box.

Some inner damage

this is just the start, i plan; taking the driver side doors off and hammering out the inside to make it look somewhat better, i want bar doors and this will become my off road toy! Lots of work and updates to come!

Anyone else had similar projects?

XJ_Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2011, 09:37 PM   #2
Back_In_Black
2001 XJ Cherokee 

thats a tough one. you may want to look on pirate for some inspiration with an undertaking like this.

[QUOTE=AustinTJer;9988995]Have you ever seen and or filmed a rainbow? More specifically a double, possibly triple rainbow?[/QUOTE]
Back_In_Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2011, 12:02 AM   #3
dave95_xj
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Your not worried about the frame being bent? That looks like a bad hit bro..
dave95_xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2011, 11:22 AM   #4
XJ_Owner
1993 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave95_xj View Post
The frame being bent isn't a to much of a concern of mine. i paid 400 for the white jeep, and considered it to be a toy, anything from here on out is just fun and learning. i guess. but i want to make her into my trail rig.
Unread 05-18-2011, 03:24 PM   #5
sirlasvegas
1998 XJ Cherokee 

take it down and have the frame stretched/straightened... everything else shouldnt be TOO bad. Out here a frame stretch costs about 300. Ive assisted on restores worse than that... im no pro body guy by any means, but once you get the frame straight its not really that bad.
sirlasvegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2011, 07:11 PM   #6
Back_In_Black
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave95_xj View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by XJ_Owner View Post
The frame being bent isn't a to much of a concern of mine. i paid 400 for the white jeep, and considered it to be a toy, anything from here on out is just fun and learning. i guess. but i want to make her into my trail rig.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirlasvegas View Post
take it down and have the frame stretched/straightened... everything else shouldnt be TOO bad. Out here a frame stretch costs about 300. Ive assisted on restores worse than that... im no pro body guy by any means, but once you get the frame straight its not really that bad.

there is no frame on an XJ, its a unibody.

If it were my in this situation, I would scrap it and find somthing on craigslist that would be easier to convert to a beater. Im not a body guy, but with the main "frame rails" bent, Im not sure it would be worth the time or money.

[QUOTE=AustinTJer;9988995]Have you ever seen and or filmed a rainbow? More specifically a double, possibly triple rainbow?[/QUOTE]
Unread 05-18-2011, 07:23 PM   #7
XJ_Owner
1993 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back_In_Black View Post
Im not a body guy, but with the main "frame rails" bent, Im not sure it would be worth the time or money.

The main frame rails are not damaged the body toke all the damage, i am going to sludge hammer the dents out and be door less.

Worse to worst i do end up scrapping it whats the difference from now till then? learning experience?
Unread 05-18-2011, 07:40 PM   #8
Back_In_Black
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJ_Owner View Post
The main frame rails are not damaged the body toke all the damage, i am going to sludge hammer the dents out and be door less.

Worse to worst i do end up scrapping it whats the difference from now till then? learning experience?
true. you need to look on pirate.

Unread 05-18-2011, 10:39 PM   #9
sirlasvegas
1998 XJ Cherokee 

you know what i meant... u can still have the unibody stretched back out. We had to do it on a 95 civic that was in far worse shape then that, and also on an Mitsu eclipse as well. You have to start from the ground up to get everything lined back up right. If the base/framing is tweaked, everything you do after that will be tweaked too. But like you said, its honestly easier and more affordable to use that XJ for parts and build something else.
sirlasvegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2011, 05:12 AM   #10
XJ_Owner
1993 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirlasvegas View Post
But like you said, its honestly easier and more affordable to use that XJ for parts and build something else.

I agree so i bought myself this here 93 sport, anything breaks i already got the parts. Its a year older clone. white 94 green 93. learning is what this car is

this is my current xj

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.