New RC LCA install, no loud clunking ? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > New RC LCA install, no loud clunking ?

CCOR is your 1 stop source for everything Jeep!TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGSteinjager TJ tube doors

Unread 03-06-2012, 07:37 PM   #1
FleXJ96
1998 TJ Wrangler 

New RC LCA install, no loud clunking ?

Have a 4" lift on my 01. I have new coils , shocks, discos, axle u joints, 4 ball joints and new track bar. I drove it with all that and the stock arms and it was fine. Just added new RC fixed lower arms and when ever I turn, park or put in reverse I hear and feel a loud clunk that feel like the LCAs are missing a damn nut on the bolt. They are tight just checked. Any thoughts or things I should check ? Or is it normal ?

FleXJ96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2012, 08:31 PM   #2
freestylekid33
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Possibly a bad bushing? Did they seem tight before you installed em?
freestylekid33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2012, 08:42 PM   #3
damage inc.
1993 XJ Cherokee 

maybe check how much play you have between the bolt and the holes in the arms and in the body mounts themselves. i had a clunking in the front of mine, so i studied all my options and decided to get grade 8 washers that fit tight on the bolt; welded them to the outside of the body mounts (1 on each side-4 total washers)and re-installed all arms and bolts. got about 50miles on it since and no clunks.....did it work? can't say for sure but that's the only thing that i changed. just sayin.
damage inc. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2012, 08:56 PM   #4
FleXJ96
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I maybe got a 1/4 turn on 3 of 4 bolts and the noise stopped . Haha guess don't pay attention to manufacturer torque specs... Thanks guys
FleXJ96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2012, 05:08 AM   #5
freestylekid33
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Same thing just happened to me, I cranked em tight and it stopped but started again after a little drive...
freestylekid33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.