New(to me) xj! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > New(to me) xj!

Clayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Clayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank SkidTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 01-21-2013, 05:55 PM   #1
wj_jeep92
2002 WJ 

New(to me) xj!

Well I finally sold my vw gti and found a super rad deal on a 92 xj 4door. I paid 800 bucks for a red cherokee sport 4.0/ax15 with 186k on the clock. It's definitely in below excellent condition but it runs, shifts, blows hot air, and has a working tc, so I can't be to upset at the work it needs. It's leaks about 1/4 quart of oil everyday(neighbors and dad LOVE that) and needed a new valve cover gasket. I decided that the rust on the rear quarters and bottoms of the doors was to much an eyesore for me to look at everyday so I had a long weekend. Saturday was spent painting the rockers, bottoms of doors, and the quarters, as well as the center cowl piece between the windshield and good. Sunday I tackled the vcg and it was a lot easier then I thought it would be. I ended up breaking a plastic nipple off the coolant distribution tree thing, so replaced that as well. I think I'm going to have some fun with this one!

Now to change my username...

wj_jeep92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2013, 05:58 PM   #2
wj_jeep92
2002 WJ 

Pictures(hopefully they work, I'm using the iphone app)

image-3791823542.jpg

image-355615030.jpg

image-133203079.jpg

image-592200399.jpg
Unread 01-21-2013, 09:38 PM   #3
MOBBiN

2001 XJ Cherokee 

Looks good so far.
Unread 01-22-2013, 06:14 PM   #4
wj_jeep92
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOBBiN
Looks good so far.
Thanks man, hopefully it turns into the worthy weekend warrior I want it to be.
Unread 01-22-2013, 06:20 PM   #5
wj_jeep92
2002 WJ 

I think I'm going to try to turn this into a build thread so I don't clutter up the feed with mindless posts.

Two issues arose yesterday

1) the vacuum canister on the coolant tree(I'm not sure what its called, will grab a pic tomorrow) has a rod that controls what I believe to be the heater core. When it's up(AC on) I don't get heat. When it's down(AC off) I do. The problem I'm havin is the valve not going to "off" when I turn the heat on. So I let my jeep warm up and the heat is still icy cold(10* today). Now regardless to the fact that I know what it is and it's as easy as flipping a switch, I would still like for it to function as it should. Any thoughts?

2) the e brake wasn't working at all when I got it. Got underneath it Sunday to look for rust and figure the problem out and found a couple good things. Since the jeep is originally from Delaware, it's been under coated so there is very little rust except the drivers floorboard bein non existent. And the other thing is the cables just needed tightened. So I did that and low n behold the ebrake now holds. But(there's always a catch), it only holds if it rolls forward. Going backward it's like there isn't any stopping force at all. Thought?

D

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.