new to me Jeep - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > new to me Jeep

Offset Tie Rod Kit From RuffStuff!Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 11-07-2013, 02:34 PM   #16
Trons
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Well, I'm to the point where i'm looking for a place to put a switch bank. I thought about lining the emergancy brake housing, but since I plan on getting a '97+ center console for the bee....errr...drink holder, I don't want to have to rewire/rerun all those wires. Right now I'm looking at 3 switches, but it'll be more before it's done.

There is a coin holder type space in front of the shifter under the ashtray, but that's a bit of a reach when comfortable in the seat. Anybody have any suggestions?

Trons is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2013, 07:03 PM   #17
Trons
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Cleared a path behind the house and played a little today. As the sun set I pulled it in the garage and removed the rear sway bar. Didn't take any pictures of the mini-wheeling, but I will tomorrow. Hopefully I can get my daughter with me to video the trail and me climbing it. It's nothing major, but fun.

I hate that I needed an 18mm socket to remove the sway bars. I only had one and it was a PITA.
Unread 11-11-2013, 09:23 PM   #18
RacerX
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trons View Post
Cleared a path behind the house and played a little today. As the sun set I pulled it in the garage and removed the rear sway bar. Didn't take any pictures of the mini-wheeling, but I will tomorrow. Hopefully I can get my daughter with me to video the trail and me climbing it. It's nothing major, but fun.

I hate that I needed an 18mm socket to remove the sway bars. I only had one and it was a PITA.
Crescent wrench or similar
RacerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2013, 07:05 AM   #19
VegasGT
Bolt Snapper

1999 XJ Cherokee 

I think I might have seen you driving the 98 on Veterans Memorial in BG Sunday, unless theres another red one running around with a similar bumper. I wasnt in the Jeep though. :/
July 2013 COTM
Build Thread
VegasGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2013, 12:51 PM   #20
Trons
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasGT View Post
I think I might have seen you driving the 98 on Veterans Memorial in BG Sunday, unless theres another red one running around with a similar bumper. I wasnt in the Jeep though. :/
Very Likely. I was out and about, several times, and I live out Morgantown Road, so if I want to go anywhere, I almost have to take Veterans.

As far as I know, I'm the only Red with Black trim lifted XJ around BG, although there has been another sighted. It doesn't have a custom bumper and the Rubicon Express sticker is on the rear, not sides. I also have the WBR sticker on the drivers side rear.
Unread 11-12-2013, 09:14 PM   #21
VegasGT
Bolt Snapper

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trons View Post
Very Likely. I was out and about, several times, and I live out Morgantown Road, so if I want to go anywhere, I almost have to take Veterans.

As far as I know, I'm the only Red with Black trim lifted XJ around BG, although there has been another sighted. It doesn't have a custom bumper and the Rubicon Express sticker is on the rear, not sides. I also have the WBR sticker on the drivers side rear.
Im pretty sure it was your rig, too bad I wasnt in my XJ. I was in our gas sipper Corolla to go look at a Mustang out around Richpond area. Im down that way pretty often in the work truck, and BG has been me and the wifes area of choice for date nights lately. I had my XJ down a couple weekends ago, might run into ya sometime.
July 2013 COTM
Build Thread
VegasGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2013, 09:20 PM   #22
Trons
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Very cool. I'm usually in my XJ, on Saturdays I may be hanging out with a friend, cause my wife works, he has a white/black '96, that set up a little better then mine (winch, lockers, sliders, roof rack, ect). Of course I now have the green one and I'll be sporting that tomorrow. My red one has a bad u-joint in the rear drive shaft, and because of my hours I didn't get home, get it diagnosed and get the D-shaft out before the parts stores closed, so I guess I'm hitting napa up tomorrow.
Unread 11-12-2013, 09:25 PM   #23
Trons
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Since this thread is about my green XJ, here's my son, playing on a rock in our back yard. It's not much, but he was impressed. I've always been afraid of breaking my '98 so this is about his first time even attempting something like this. The rock is just below the half way point of the tire, so figure it's a 12"-14" step or so...He said he was surprised that it just walked right up it. So was I, to be honest. I figured a little more skinny peddle would be needed.

Unread 11-14-2013, 09:01 PM   #24
Trons
2003 TJ Wrangler 

well, Drove the '91 to work today because the '98 was down. The steering wheel definately needs to be fixed. That's super annoying. The drivers seat still leans way to far back, so I'm thinking some 1" square tubing should fix that. There are some random vibes and stuff, but I knew when I bought it, I'd need to replace bearings, u-joints, ect. So that'll be work in progress. I'll try to remember to get pics as I go. I guess this is going to turn into a build thread, but it'll be slow going until after the holidays. Need that money for the kids.

Word to the wise, never buy a toy like this if you have kids. It's painfully slow going. I am getting the kids to help, so that's fun.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.