New to me 98 XJ, need Ideas, show me yours - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > New to me 98 XJ, need Ideas, show me yours

Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsWant to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under

Unread 06-06-2013, 09:50 AM   #1
OffRoadWrangler
1998 XJ Cherokee 

New to me 98 XJ, need Ideas, show me yours

Hey all, so Just traded in my lifted 05 f150 for a 13 focus for the wife/newborn. I, in turn inherited the XJ.

Right now, its a black cherokee sport, and other than some sylvania headlights, its completely stock. which sucks. Lol

My big plans are to strip off the old paint, fix any minor rust spots and repaint flat green of some sort, then bed line the rockers. Want to do a mild lift, and throw 32's under her, and a few other things.

What do you all think?! I want it to be a DD that is capable off-road(i live in SW iowa right now, so nothing too crazy, but lots of snow/rain and mud) and has that BA look and stance, but dont want to go too high, i had 35's on the truck, dont want anything bigger than 32's on the XJ, dont think i need them to be honest, the XJ seems pretty stout offroad as it sits.

Ive got some ideas for interior mods, but Ill keep them quite right now. But I will say I got the idea from working with some Secret Service guys and getting to check our their SUV's.

Ill be posting up more technical questions on the tech side, but would really like some general ideas here!

OffRoadWrangler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-06-2013, 09:58 AM   #2
Floreancig_XJ
1998 XJ Cherokee 

You should probably say what ideas for interior mods because you now teased us. I would expect no help until then...
Lol but google iron rockoffroad and check out there 4 inch shortarm if you dont want anything crazy, maybe replace with full leaf packs and the dt 8000 shocks, should keep you happy!
Floreancig_XJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-06-2013, 12:59 PM   #3
OffRoadWrangler
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floreancig_XJ View Post
You should probably say what ideas for interior mods because you now teased us. I would expect no help until then...
Lol but google iron rockoffroad and check out there 4 inch shortarm if you dont want anything crazy, maybe replace with full leaf packs and the dt 8000 shocks, should keep you happy!
Thanks man! I like the kit, not too bad of a price either.

Biggest mod for the interior will be a stealth gun/ammo/food/emergency kit storage box that basically bolts to the body, and if you dont know jeeps, you wouldnt know it was there. Just raises the floor of the rear about 4-6", is sturdy enough to put stuff on top, and is carpeted to match the interior. Wont be as fancy as the once the SS has, they spend $$$ on theirs, and from what I was told, the company only makes them for the SS and no one else.

I am torn between a lid type box, or pull out drawers with foam inserts for the rifle/pistol, etc. or a combo of both. I can get aluminum CHEAP through my dad's work, and figure that will be sturdier than plywood, and lighter as well. Just gotta decide on the specifics! I really like the idea of a lockable/stealthy place to store all my gear though. pop the hatch, pull out a drawer and there sits a rifle/gear set in foam all beautiful and **** haha. you know. Just incase of zombies lmao
OffRoadWrangler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.