New Lift/New Attitude - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > New Lift/New Attitude

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 07-07-2009, 07:45 AM   #16
-Shoey-
2003 KJ Liberty 

Awesome Jeep man!

USN Jeep Club #115
-Shoey- is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-07-2009, 10:49 AM   #17
tock172
1996 XJ Cherokee 

That looks sweet!

How many miles are on your XJ? It's almost too nice to wheel!
Unread 07-07-2009, 12:12 PM   #18
stevieboy
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tock172 View Post
That looks sweet!

How many miles are on your XJ? It's almost too nice to wheel!
Thanks tock-
90k on the clock, it's been well cared for(bought it from a neighbor who drove it around the Village). Looking forward to getting it dirty
99' XJ ~4.0L6~NP231~6" Hybrid RC lift~MT Classic Lock~Detours Custom Light Bar Brushguard~Detours TailBone~Hooker Aero~aFe stage2~KC slimlines~JKS ACOS~JKS Disco.~JKS track bar~JCR T.C.Skid~JCR Stage 3 sliders~JK bumper fogs
stevieboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-07-2009, 12:25 PM   #19
the6nightmares
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Did you notice the clay bar actually working? My paint is not too bad, but I have been considering doing something to help bring it back, I keep it clean and well waxed, but I was wanting try something new. What brand of scratch remover did you use just out of curiosity?
Unread 07-07-2009, 12:35 PM   #20
StaleAle
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Looks great! But please do somthing about the break lines. The hard lines need help and you should run extensions or at the very least move the bracket. Looks super nice though.
StaleAle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-07-2009, 02:11 PM   #21
sskinner
1998 XJ Cherokee 

XJ looks great where did you get the light bar at?
sskinner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-07-2009, 02:33 PM   #22
ep191
1998 XJ Cherokee 

so.

much.

bling.

I'll say this, I wish everytime I wrenched on my jeep it was that clean.
ep191 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-07-2009, 03:00 PM   #23
stevieboy
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by the6nightmares View Post
Did you notice the clay bar actually working? My paint is not too bad, but I have been considering doing something to help bring it back, I keep it clean and well waxed, but I was wanting try something new. What brand of scratch remover did you use just out of curiosity?
You will be amazed how much dirt you pick up on a freshly washed vehicle. Paint has pores that actually hold dirt and contaminates.

I used a product called P21S paint cleanser. You can also use Poorboys SSR1(swirl remover).
Check out a site called detailedimage.com , they are very helpful and provide good product descriptions. Hope this helps
99' XJ ~4.0L6~NP231~6" Hybrid RC lift~MT Classic Lock~Detours Custom Light Bar Brushguard~Detours TailBone~Hooker Aero~aFe stage2~KC slimlines~JKS ACOS~JKS Disco.~JKS track bar~JCR T.C.Skid~JCR Stage 3 sliders~JK bumper fogs
Unread 07-07-2009, 03:01 PM   #24
stevieboy
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by StaleAle View Post
Looks great! But please do somthing about the break lines. The hard lines need help and you should run extensions or at the very least move the bracket. Looks super nice though.
Thanks...those are next.
Unread 07-07-2009, 03:02 PM   #25
98CherokeeLTD
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by the6nightmares View Post
Clay bars work GREAT! When I had my VW I used to clay bar it once a month, and what a difference it made. Took off bug splatter, tar, tree sap, or anything else that was on the paint with no problem. When I got my white XJ I did a spot on the hood cause the there's black nasty all over the Jeep and I wanted to see how it would work. The spot that I did came out perfectly clean and silky smooth. I recommend the Mother's Clay Bar. It's time consuming to do, but worth it in the end
98CherokeeLTD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-07-2009, 03:05 PM   #26
crazydude2500
1993 ZJ 

what rims are on there i like em nice jeep btw....

green lifted 4.5 w/32's custom front bumper 5.2L
97 xj stock blue tow hooks F&R 4.0L
2004 dodge neon SRT-4
crazydude2500 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-07-2009, 03:05 PM   #27
stevieboy
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sskinner View Post
XJ looks great where did you get the light bar at?
It's from Detoursusa.com. They call it the bumper brow lite bar. Give Mark a call.
Unread 07-07-2009, 03:10 PM   #28
Jetscuh
O rly?

You should have taken care of the rust while you were underneath there doing the lift as well.

I hate to see a clean body but the undercarriage is crap.
Jetscuh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-07-2009, 03:38 PM   #29
stevieboy
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydude2500 View Post
what rims are on there i like em nice jeep btw....
Mickey Thompson Classic Lock. Size 15x8.
Unread 07-07-2009, 03:39 PM   #30
stevieboy
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Shoey- View Post
Awesome Jeep man!
Thanks Shoey

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.