New To Jeeps and the Jeep Forum - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > New To Jeeps and the Jeep Forum

1 Ton Heavy Duty Steering Upgrade Kit. New and Improved dStainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 09-21-2013, 08:06 PM   #1
mitchjl22
1987 XJ Cherokee 

New To Jeeps and the Jeep Forum

Hi,

My name is Mitch and I've been on the forum looking around for a couple of weeks. I just registered and decided to posy my hello, and my first question.

This is the jeep I got for $1000. Its a 1987, XJ, 2x4, 5speed, i4.

My other project is my 1987 Pontiac Fiero GT - Engine Swap Underway
http://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/121571.html#p0

So my question is, how hard would it be to add 4x4 to my Jeep? I want to keep it a 4cylinder. I (kinda) want a 5 speed. What does it take? Does my current trans have the place to bolt up a T-Case? Would I need a replacement trans?

Anyway, I love my jeep and its been really cool so far. I've fixed a lot of small things so far like the left turn signal return spring, stereo, alignment, and cleaning.

-Mitch

mitchjl22 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.