New jeep, lift questions - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > New jeep, lift questions

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineAdvance Adapters SYE KitsCustom Axle Work at CCOR

Unread 04-11-2013, 10:57 PM   #16
Floreancig_XJ
1998 XJ Cherokee 

The more input the better.. Ill check them out tomorrow!

Floreancig_XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2013, 10:35 AM   #17
cherokeechar

So we ended up going up to elbe to do some wheeling for the weekend went on beginer and medium trails it was a lot of fun my boyfriend agreed that the lift we got was really great did the job there are a few things he said about it, seemed a little stiff in the front but not bad and I'm sure we just need to break it in also in the back we were carrying some weight with our 3 dogs so if your going to be need to either do some add a leafs to lift it more in the back or some blocks and a definite would be to upgrade the stearing colum they way jeep designed there's at high speeds death woble started but all around a great kit! And if you are going to drive your jeep more on the highway then offroad go with 4.5 inch , but if you think you will be offroad more then I would go with a long arm kit, shall have to upload some of the pics from the trails.
cherokeechar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2013, 11:26 AM   #18
Floreancig_XJ
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Thanks for getting back to me. Sounds like you didn't go with the long arm kit, and you seem Happy with how it rides so that's very helpful thank you. Still debating on long arm vs short arm on the 4.5" kit.. Either 860 or 1400... I make money but I want to get back into education this September so saving whatever I can in money is fine.. And to be honest I'm not new mechanical to jeeps but new to taking them mudding! In northwestern Ontario it's basically just the tire Clearance I'm looking for!
Unread 04-15-2013, 11:46 AM   #19
cherokeechar

I think for price wise the 4.5 inch lift is a good base start I'm rolling on 32" and went on trails designed for 33-37" made it no problems and if you wanted to get longer arms in the future you could do it and would be cheaper then getting the long arm kit right off the bat
cherokeechar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2013, 01:30 PM   #20
Purcell69
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floreancig_XJ
Looking at getting my third xj lifted a bit, finally have usable money so why not, enjoy 4x4 alot.
It's a 99 2 door with the 4L/ax15.

Now I want a 4-5 inch lift, I only want to clear 33's. was pretty set on a rough country kit, open to suggestions. My problem is short and long arm, the jeep already drives like a horse buggy so on road feel isn't much of an issue to me. I do not do any rock crawling, should I save the 5-600 and go with their short arm 4.5 x series kit(859$) , the equivalent long arm kit was closer to the 1400$ range. Thoughts and suggestions and how's everyone's day going!dde0f
Color me jealous. I've been hunting an unmolested 2 door XJ 4.0L AX-15. Very nice find! I never should have sold my 1992.

-Joe
Purcell69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2013, 03:05 PM   #21
Floreancig_XJ
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Yeah I want 32 or probably 33's with a little trimming, might pull them completely off and polish up what I would imagine are spot welds, should give me the extra inch plus.

Well joe you sound a bit like myself, my first jeep was a standard 1990 pioneer.. Was an amazing jeep. Sold that in 2009.

image-1629821892.jpg

1st 1990(stick)

image-2535346587.jpg

2nd 1998(auto)

And you've seen my current XJ
Unread 04-15-2013, 03:06 PM   #22
Floreancig_XJ
1998 XJ Cherokee 

And it took me until October of 2012 to find this one in standard lol. Had a pathfinder and a civic in between nothing satisfied the jeep cravings!
Unread 04-27-2013, 04:28 PM   #23
Floreancig_XJ
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Random but here's some fresh wax for ya!

image-3812601983.jpg

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.