New JCR Bummper - need opinions - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > New JCR Bummper - need opinions

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 03-18-2012, 04:31 PM   #31
austin6137
1990 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman View Post
You just be happy while giving your money to the the Brits

Monstaliner is made in the U.S.A.
Gladly, but I forgot I offered to op an alternative to monstanliner. But as usual if it's not your product its crap. I have never seen monstaliner firsthand, and seeing how upols HQ is in Nazareth which is a couple miles away, I've seen quite a few jeeps with the raptor liner. I bet it really grinds your gears, that on jf's home page in the articles section there's a raptor liner how to. Yet no mention of monstaliner huh guess im not the only supporter of the Brits.

90 - xj laredo- 4.5" rough country lift, 6.5" of total lift with drop brackets, zj disc brakes on c8.25, olympic winch bumper, jcr upper and lower quarter armor, IRO hack-n-tap and rock sliders and rear bumper. rugged ridge 8500lb winch. Spartan locker up front. With a jd yellow paint job, 97+ front end and bushwacker cut out flares. 35's
austin6137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2012, 09:17 PM   #32
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin6137 View Post
Gladly, but I forgot I offered to op an alternative to monstanliner. But as usual if it's not your product its crap. I have never seen monstaliner firsthand, and seeing how upols HQ is in Nazareth which is a couple miles away, I've seen quite a few jeeps with the raptor liner. I bet it really grinds your gears, that on jf's home page in the articles section there's a raptor liner how to. Yet no mention of monstaliner huh guess im not the only supporter of the Brits.
I never remember using the word crap regarding any competitive product other than Herculiner. Was attempting to make a joke that obvoiusly failed.

And I rarely get to the JF home page since our vendor thread is where my focus is with over 7K posts and coming up on 300K views. I think next year for the big JF giveaway we will offer up some sense of humor in paint cans
magnetman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2012, 10:21 AM   #33
cjcocn
1993 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:

A 2 quart kit is $51.90, mix only what you need. Unmixed material is good forever
http://www.monstaliner.com/monstalin...pray_equip.htm
Quote:
I never remember using the word crap regarding any competitive product other than Herculiner. Was attempting to make a joke that obvoiusly failed.

And I rarely get to the JF home page since our vendor thread is where my focus is with over 7K posts and coming up on 300K views. I think next year for the big JF giveaway we will offer up some sense of humor in paint cans
You must be pretty busy right now. I've been waiting on a quote for a while now (you asked me to contact you when I was ready to order and I have been trying to do that).

Your site says that you ship to Canada ... am I better off just going there and forgetting about the jeepforum discount?

Thanks
cjcocn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2012, 07:00 PM   #34
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjcocn View Post
You must be pretty busy right now. I've been waiting on a quote for a while now (you asked me to contact you when I was ready to order and I have been trying to do that).

Your site says that you ship to Canada ... am I better off just going there and forgetting about the jeepforum discount?

Thanks
I'm sorry did I miss a message or PM from you?
magnetman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2012, 09:17 PM   #35
cjcocn
1993 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
I'm sorry did I miss a message or PM from you?
Three "missed" PMs.

Don't worry about it. I will seek out other options instead.
Unread 03-19-2012, 10:13 PM   #36
lilnapsak
1997 XJ Cherokee 

i dont remember the name of the spray can bedliner i used but it faded to very light grey within a few months.

instead of sanding it down and trying something new i just sprayed over it with gloss black rustoleum and it has stayed pretty much the same color for 2 years now. ive only touched it up after scratching it offroad and when i modified it to work with my winch setup

crappy old cell phone pics, best i can do at the moment.

reguardless of what you do, its a bumper made for heavy duty abuse. its going to get scratched, might as well make it easy and cheap to touch up.
Unread 03-20-2012, 10:57 AM   #37
dcorn
1998 XJ Cherokee 

First of all, the 2nd pic in your original post is a Rigidco bumper. I have the same one with a smaller tube. (new JCR bumper looks like a direct copy of the Rigid FbG...)

Second, my Rigidco was painted with Duplicolor bedliner and it's fairly durable and has a light texture to it. Dunno about cleaning because I never clean my Jeep haha. When I started modding the bumper, I ended up using textured rustoleum to patch up the paint because I didn't to worry about the prep of bedliner again. Looks great and is super easy to touch up when some gets scratched off.

Third, I had AJ's sliders that go under the rocker panel. They were pretty much impossible to use for a step because they were up so high compared to the roofline. Anytime I used them as a step, I'd hit my head getting in the Jeep. Might be easier with much shorter people, but not sure. The JCR sliders have the step bar even higher, meaning it'll be completely useless as a step. Your kid probably won't even be able to step up onto it and it might even make it harder for them to get in the back door. Then again, your XJ is much shorter than mine, so your results may vary.

Fourth. I originally ordered rectangular fogs but they sent me round ones. I like the round ones better I think. Also, don't mount them up on the grill guard, looks kinda dumb IMO. I did it at first and then took em off. Eventually welded on much lower and wider mounts which look a lot better.

Bleh

Better
Unread 03-20-2012, 02:08 PM   #38
austin6137
1990 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjcocn View Post
Three "missed" PMs.

Don't worry about it. I will seek out other options instead.
Go on eBay and order some raptor liner, the Brits are more than happy to take your money as they were to take mine.
90 - xj laredo- 4.5" rough country lift, 6.5" of total lift with drop brackets, zj disc brakes on c8.25, olympic winch bumper, jcr upper and lower quarter armor, IRO hack-n-tap and rock sliders and rear bumper. rugged ridge 8500lb winch. Spartan locker up front. With a jd yellow paint job, 97+ front end and bushwacker cut out flares. 35's
austin6137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2012, 07:50 AM   #39
cjcocn
1993 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnapsak View Post
i dont remember the name of the spray can bedliner i used but it faded to very light grey within a few months.

instead of sanding it down and trying something new i just sprayed over it with gloss black rustoleum and it has stayed pretty much the same color for 2 years now. ive only touched it up after scratching it offroad and when i modified it to work with my winch setup

reguardless of what you do, its a bumper made for heavy duty abuse. its going to get scratched, might as well make it easy and cheap to touch up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcorn View Post
First of all, the 2nd pic in your original post is a Rigidco bumper. I have the same one with a smaller tube. (new JCR bumper looks like a direct copy of the Rigid FbG...)

Second, my Rigidco was painted with Duplicolor bedliner and it's fairly durable and has a light texture to it. Dunno about cleaning because I never clean my Jeep haha. When I started modding the bumper, I ended up using textured rustoleum to patch up the paint because I didn't to worry about the prep of bedliner again. Looks great and is super easy to touch up when some gets scratched off.

Third, I had AJ's sliders that go under the rocker panel. They were pretty much impossible to use for a step because they were up so high compared to the roofline. Anytime I used them as a step, I'd hit my head getting in the Jeep. Might be easier with much shorter people, but not sure. The JCR sliders have the step bar even higher, meaning it'll be completely useless as a step. Your kid probably won't even be able to step up onto it and it might even make it harder for them to get in the back door. Then again, your XJ is much shorter than mine, so your results may vary.

Fourth. I originally ordered rectangular fogs but they sent me round ones. I like the round ones better I think. Also, don't mount them up on the grill guard, looks kinda dumb IMO. I did it at first and then took em off. Eventually welded on much lower and wider mounts which look a lot better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin6137 View Post
Go on eBay and order some raptor liner, the Brits are more than happy to take your money as they were to take mine.
Thanks for the help! I needed some quick so I bought a gallon while I was in the city. I will see how far I can get on it this weekend - we got some snow so working in the garage might be the way to go.

Unread 04-23-2012, 08:02 AM   #40
cipher
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Bumper is finally on. I really like it a lot. Changed the whole look of the Jeep. Now onto my lift.

cipher is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jcr offroad bumpers , monstaliner , sliders

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.