New Gauge cluster background - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > New Gauge cluster background

The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LinePoison Spyder JK Evap Skid

Unread 04-22-2012, 02:31 PM   #61
Azzy
Web Wheeler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Thanks for keeping a lookout!

Unread 06-14-2012, 02:48 PM   #62
LorenII
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Another satisfied customer~!

Unread 06-15-2012, 08:27 AM   #63
Azzy
Web Wheeler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Looking good!

Ive got a working prototype of the 97+ faces... just need to find a cost friendly laser cutting service (and finalize artwork). Any suggestions or JF members that could use the business?

One thing I have found, and may be a killer for most, is that you almost have to pull needles for those. Not something I like to do, but know people have done it with success, its the standard way to do these on newer vehicles. Any thoughts?
Unread 08-12-2012, 07:56 AM   #64
Kevin108
2000 XJ Cherokee 

The tach has a lot of white space compared to the other gauges. Any ideas there?
Unread 08-12-2012, 02:27 PM   #65
cjcocn
1993 XJ Cherokee 

Azzy

Are you still looking for samples? What form of sample - just pics?

I have a '93 and a '99, both with metric markings so if you need some pics let me know and I can snap a bunch.

1999 Jeep Cherokee Sport; 4x4; 4 door; auto transmission; 4.0L incline 6 cyl.
cjcocn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2012, 04:29 PM   #66
Azzy
Web Wheeler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin108 View Post
The tach has a lot of white space compared to the other gauges. Any ideas there?
Not sure what you are looking for. That is why we have the option of putting in club logos, flags, or any of the others.

Or are you talking on of the other sets?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjcocn View Post
Azzy

Are you still looking for samples? What form of sample - just pics?

I have a '93 and a '99, both with metric markings so if you need some pics let me know and I can snap a bunch.
I think we have them covered, the only sets with the odo-reset in the gauge face have been on metric setups, and working with the first fellow that had them, we were able to measure them up and get them running. Thanks for the offer. I would like to see how the 99 is laid out though, for when I get the 97+ up and running.
Unread 08-12-2012, 06:46 PM   #67
Kevin108
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Sorry, at the time I didn't realize this was for the 96 and older dashes. Since it doesn't apply to me, I have no criticisms here.
Unread 08-14-2012, 10:54 AM   #68
Azzy
Web Wheeler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

I do have a new version in development, but Ive hit a few production snags. Not willing to sell until I have product in hand.
Unread 08-15-2012, 03:52 PM   #69
CharlieCherokee
1992 XJ Cherokee 

These are sweet, will definitely be ordering a pair soon.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/1992-cherokee-sport-1394133/
CharlieCherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2012, 07:42 AM   #70
Azzy
Web Wheeler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

I look forward to it

Make sure to check out our new website at www.azzysdesignworks.com , all of the current gauges are up there.
Unread 08-23-2012, 12:40 PM   #71
Azzy
Web Wheeler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

We are testing out some new hardware this weekend and next week... a closer step towards making the 97+ gauges a reality. *fingers crossed*
Unread 08-25-2012, 01:33 PM   #72
Glavus
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azzy View Post
Looking good!

Ive got a working prototype of the 97+ faces... just need to find a cost friendly laser cutting service (and finalize artwork). Any suggestions or JF members that could use the business?

One thing I have found, and may be a killer for most, is that you almost have to pull needles for those. Not something I like to do, but know people have done it with success, its the standard way to do these on newer vehicles. Any thoughts?
Still willing to buy them as soon as there ready
I've actually pulled the needles out of my 97+ gauge with a fork but it was a pita to get the mph/rpm to line up perfectly.

Regardless, I can't wait man!
Glavus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2012, 03:33 PM   #73
Azzy
Web Wheeler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Well, consider it a go plan! The hardware works, it just comes down to finishing the designs.

In the past, I've been able to cut out the others by hand. Due to medical reasons, as well as time reasons, my wife and I decided to pick up a die cutting machine to roll these out (and she wants to do some stuff as well). I tested the material last night, and it works. Next is to get the pieces to be able to cut them full size, and get a few out in the hands of testers.

All while Im helping my bud weld in a new floor and get his XJ on the road... plus the normal work stuff!

Going to be a cool fall.
Unread 08-26-2012, 09:57 PM   #74
Azzy
Web Wheeler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

OK, burnt a bit of midnight oil, but finished up my cutting templates and the design for the first batch. Yes, I know its the warning light version, but that is what I have on hand first. So those guys get the first look.

The full gauge set will be coming along this week, after I print and test these. Luckily, since we am doing these fully in house, the price will be lower than I expected. 100% made here in PA!

PS: It is very hard to simulate how something see through will look with a white background... use your imagination. Pics will come shortly of an installed version. This would be the full insert, some of which is hidden by the surround.

PPS: Does the cluster look happy, or have I just been looking at it too long?
Unread 08-28-2012, 11:31 PM   #75
AttackAttack
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azzy
Well, consider it a go plan! The hardware works, it just comes down to finishing the designs.

In the past, I've been able to cut out the others by hand. Due to medical reasons, as well as time reasons, my wife and I decided to pick up a die cutting machine to roll these out (and she wants to do some stuff as well). I tested the material last night, and it works. Next is to get the pieces to be able to cut them full size, and get a few out in the hands of testers.

All while Im helping my bud weld in a new floor and get his XJ on the road... plus the normal work stuff!

Going to be a cool fall.
Ill buy one once you get it down, already swaped my back lights for blue led so it iluminates okay with the stick one but will look sweet with a clearer one
AttackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
guages

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.