Need your oppinion on these lights - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Need your oppinion on these lights

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 07-31-2008, 02:31 PM   #1
BorderC
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Need your oppinion on these lights

I mounted these yesterday and I'm not sure if I should move the two smaller lights to the front bumper or not (in place of the amber fog lights). Do they look good where they are? I was also thinking about turning the two smaller lights out a bit to get more of the side of the road/trail if I leave them on the rack.

Unread 07-31-2008, 02:35 PM   #2
BIGRED99

they look flimsy, I have a light bar for sale, click the cardomain link, make an offer and it could be yours!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3032898

Red Jeep Club #485
BIGRED99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2008, 02:53 PM   #3
BorderC
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGRED99 View Post
they look flimsy, I have a light bar for sale, click the cardomain link, make an offer and it could be yours!
Its just until I can afford to buy/build a new roof rack.
Unread 07-31-2008, 02:54 PM   #4
BIGRED99

i have a cargo safari rack for sale too

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3032898

Red Jeep Club #485
BIGRED99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2008, 03:33 PM   #5
jcc522
1999 XJ Cherokee 

you fail at window tinting
jcc522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2008, 03:36 PM   #6
BorderC
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcc522 View Post
No, I didn't tent the windows..
Unread 07-31-2008, 03:37 PM   #7
BorderC
1991 XJ Cherokee 

I think I'll just move the black lights to the front bumper. I really dont like the look of them up on the rack...
Unread 07-31-2008, 06:09 PM   #8
funinmud
1998 XJ Cherokee 

if you do that, move the 2 lights up on the bar into the outer holes so they are further apart. looks better and better visibility.

98 XJ on 32's and 2-3" lift, locked, armored, and ready to rock.
funinmud is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2008, 09:59 PM   #9
BorderC
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by funinmud View Post
if you do that, move the 2 lights up on the bar into the outer holes so they are further apart. looks better and better visibility.
Yeah I agree. Thats the plan. Thanks for posting a useful reply and thank you paulmatyn for posting the pics for me.
Unread 08-01-2008, 03:53 AM   #10
kagraham
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcc522 View Post
You drive a 2wd jeep.

btw, on the tint, usually using windex, or anything with amonia in it, on the inside of the glass, is what turns it purple, I'm assuming that's what was reffered to. just FYI

I personally like the look how you posted them. If you put em on the bumper, will you try and keep the orange ones? Are they like fogs/foul whether, or just running lights? Huge running lights, but seem too orange for fog.

The chrome lights might look better on the bumper, matching the grill and all. Then again the black lights will match the bumper. Do what you like, you have to look at it everyday, not us.

On the bumper there less potential for glare, especially of the hood or something, just a thought.
Unread 08-01-2008, 09:24 PM   #11
jcc522
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagraham View Post
You drive a 2wd jeep.

btw, on the tint, usually using windex, or anything with amonia in it, on the inside of the glass, is what turns it purple, I'm assuming that's what was reffered to. just FYI

it is 2WD, and i've only been stuck once.... in my buddies pond!

as to the tint, yes it will turn purple, if it is tint from walmart. that is why he "fails".
jcc522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2008, 09:29 PM   #12
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

id do the idea funinmud posted..im gonna turn my hellas on the rack out a little bit for better side to side visibility so i can see animals about to commit suicide and can stop before they go through with it. if you dont mind me asking, whats up with the orange ones on the bumper? are they useful?
Unread 08-02-2008, 03:00 AM   #13
BorderC
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aircruiser View Post
id do the idea funinmud posted..im gonna turn my hellas on the rack out a little bit for better side to side visibility so i can see animals about to commit suicide and can stop before they go through with it. if you dont mind me asking, whats up with the orange ones on the bumper? are they useful?
Yeah Im going to move the middle lights out to the sides for better visibility. As for the amber fog lights no, they aren't very useful. I am going to put the 5.25" lights that were on the rack on the bumper and get rid of the rectangular amber fog lights. They were useful when I lived in Oregon and had them on my '67 Cougar though, even if they did look bad Same set of lights but I had them spare when I got a new bumper for the Cougar so I stuck them on the Jeep. They are too weak though and we rarely get enough fog to worry about up here in the Sierra Foothills.

ETA: Thought I'd throw this pic up of the Jeep and Cougar. You can see my dog Lance in the back of the Jeep. One of my favorite pics.

Last edited by BorderC; 08-02-2008 at 03:13 AM..
BorderC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2008, 11:11 AM   #14
oldmanriver
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Nice cougar, I almost bought one just like it but someone beat me to it

as for the lights, sounds like your doing exactly what I was gonna reccomend lol

'90 xj: Wrecked, waiting for the day it can become a full blown trail rig.

'00 wj SOLD (still in family)
oldmanriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2008, 09:14 PM   #15
BorderC
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanriver View Post
Nice cougar, I almost bought one just like it but someone beat me to it

as for the lights, sounds like your doing exactly what I was gonna reccomend lol

Thanks I got the car for $600 and took a 351 windsor out of a 69 cougar that my dad had and rebuilt it. Did all the body work and engine and drivetrain. Now I just have to do the interior and paint it.

I got the lights on the XJ mounted in their "semi-permanent" locations today. I really like the new look! I'll finish up the wiring tomorrow and tell you all if the lights were worth the 160 bucks total. I know thats not much, like a drop in a bucket, in comparison to high end lighting but it still better be worth it! lol

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.