Need suggestions. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Need suggestions.

Labor Day Sale!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 08-25-2014, 04:46 PM   #1
kumaclimber
1993 XJ Cherokee 

Need suggestions.

So I'm thinking of buying a xj. It's a 93 with the 4.0 i6 and manual trans. It need some work. The back glass is missing and the engine needs a rebuild. It needs a new drivers seat and some other stuff. I'm tempted because it's $200 and I can do all the stuff it needs and I'm looking at a parts budget of $1500 to get it on the road and off.

My phase 1 is going to be back on the road and some other basic upgrades and keeping stock tire size.

Phase 2 is going to be armoring the whole damn thing with an exo cage and rhino lining the whole exterior and interior of the truck and getting everything inside all set up.

Phase 3 will be new axels and a good suspension set up. Built for 35" tires and some air lockers.

This is all the detail I have. I'm new to the jeep world and don't know too much about them. I'm looking for a good list of mods/suggestions from you all that I can have in one place to reference later. Looking for phase 1 suggestions now.

kumaclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2014, 11:59 PM   #2
kumaclimber
1993 XJ Cherokee 

Spectre intake relocation kit
Unread 08-30-2014, 03:27 AM   #3
kumaclimber
1993 XJ Cherokee 

still looking for some suggestions
Unread 08-30-2014, 06:23 PM   #4
Amesbear
1996 XJ Cherokee 

I'd say since it needs all that engine work, I would go through the entire cooling system and make sure the radiator, hoses, thermostat, fans, etc. are all in good shape. Check the obvious wiring and look for corrosion or rust. Make sure all grounds are good. Replace all fluids, fuel filter, oil filter, air filter. Check front suspension for loose or worn joints. Grease every zerk you see. Check the manifolds for cracks. Check the brakes. Reset the kick down cable slack on the throttle body. If all this is done, I'd say you have a good chance at having phase one complete.

Look around the forum for easy upgrades. Check my thread (link in my signature) for some easy things I did.
Unread 08-30-2014, 06:40 PM   #5
kumaclimber
1993 XJ Cherokee 

All things I will be doing. There will also be some power adders done. I'll do a write up at one point.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.