need some opinions, painting or lining parts of the jeep... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > need some opinions, painting or lining parts of the jeep...

We have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while supplieIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineIron Cross Customer JK and TJ Wrangler Bumpers now at ROCK

Unread 07-01-2012, 12:32 PM   #1
jmccallie
2001 XJ Cherokee 

need some opinions, painting or lining parts of the jeep...

Have 01 limited just bought it this weekend. Jeep is in good shape for a Michigan jeep. Rockers are not rotted, but do have a couple small surface bubbles. Small amount of other small bubbles in the normal xj areas, below rear window and above windshield ( yeah you guys are blessed down south) Im debating on either getting a new paint job or doing a type of bed liner, or both... I have used herculiner on my interior of my other xj and it turned out great (very detailed oriented and took alot of time with prep work) But not sure if I want to do this stuff outside in direct sunlight(fading as the main reason). I guess where Im getting with this... Is what I want to do or am thinking about doing, is getting a new paint job. And doing a liner on the rockers and the rear quarter panel all the way up to the top of the window. Opinions? and does anybody have any pics of something similar? Also what holds up the best as far as liners and what keeps its color the longest? Thanks

jmccallie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-01-2012, 01:41 PM   #2
Texsun
1999 XJ Cherokee 

You can always do the liner, than get a can of matching spray paint to touch it up when needed. I bed lined my first XJ with some spray on and the local company that did it offered to re spray the entire jeep every 2 years for free. Which I took advantage 2x before I got rid of it.
Texsun is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.