Need opinions on a Jeep - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Need opinions on a Jeep

Black Friday Sale - Deep Discounts from ExtremeTerrain.com6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 04-15-2012, 01:12 PM   #16
Motorcharge
1991 MJ Comanche 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmiller015
I don't know man I kinda like the look of the classics, have you seen KINGSB's? (^Right up there^) His is unreal clean. But we might have to get a new end-cap or two, so the red could possibly be broken up by some black. Also, how would you bypass the NSS? Doesn't it connect directly to the computer and control shift points, reverse lights and a bunch of other nonsense including the ignition? I don't see how you could just bypass it.
Honestly I can't stand anything 97+ as it is, but especially when the trim is all the exact same color. Looks like the whole jeep is made of plastic.

Id have to pull off the wiring diagram to explain it, but you can disconnect the wires and complete the circuit. You can also find kits on ebay to do it for like $70.

Unread 04-15-2012, 05:49 PM   #17
nmiller015
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trons View Post
I think it's cool you're helping him, however make sure he helps and learns. I can't speak for everybody here, but I will speak for myself. I wasn't born with the knowledge of how to work on a vehicle and, other them some interesting experiences growing up, never really had anybody take me under their wing and get me started. It wasn't until I bought my Jeep and hanging out with guys who do 90% of their own wrenching that I started doing it.

The one thing that has surprised me about the XJ is there have been things I've put off because i was "afraid" of trying to tackle them myself for fear of breaking something (mine's a DD so I need it running by Monday morning). Every single project, so far, has been so easy that after I've been like "I was afraid of that, I'm a freakin' wimp." Luckily, that has given me the experience and confidence to do some decent stuff...
Believe me, he's gonna help, Haha. He asked me if I would help him, and I responded sure, but your out there in the garage just as long as I am, doing most of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGSB View Post
Wow, thats a pretty nice deal, did he say what happened to the side and front of it? Looks to me like it is an very early 1998, by the steering wheel, the interior looks clean at least!
He said they bought it with most of the damage, not sure what happened to the rocker. I think were gonna try and pop it out as much as possible, and then cover it with JCR's new sliders, that way you can't really tell. The front clip and bumper needs a lot of work too though, it's definitely a project.

You think we should try and keep the red? I know Duplicolor makes a perfect match spray color that matches. Other wise we probably have to start painting stuff black like the Sport trim level. And yeah the interior isn't bad at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorcharge View Post
Honestly I can't stand anything 97+ as it is, but especially when the trim is all the exact same color. Looks like the whole jeep is made of plastic.

Id have to pull off the wiring diagram to explain it, but you can disconnect the wires and complete the circuit. You can also find kits on ebay to do it for like $70.
Ah, well, to each his own. We'll just clean the current NSS, and if that doesn't work it will be replaced.
Unread 05-02-2012, 09:15 PM   #18
nmiller015
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Well, we trailered the Jeep home last weekend, work on it started promptly after that. To anyone whose interested, I'm gonna do a mini-build on it in my current build thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/...2/index14.html

Thanks for all the opinions guys!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.