Need ideas for my 2000 Cherokee - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Need ideas for my 2000 Cherokee

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 06-04-2008, 03:53 PM   #1
specvceps
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Need ideas for my 2000 Cherokee

So heres the deal, i dont really drive this thing. I have a duramax diesel as a daily driver, and quite frankly cant even remember the last time i drove the cherokee.

I can either sell it, and pay off a bill or two, or i can keep it and build it into a mudder or crawler.

What would you do?

Post any ideas, pictures, whatever. If you wanna buy it, $ 2500 takes it

Daily Driver ... on Hummer wheels and 35" BFG AT's

The Heap ... pretty much stock except for the 0630 head i put on there to replace the 0331

It makes no sense to even register the jeep and insure it, as i wouldn't really be saving any money with the added costs of maintaining, registering, insuring, and driving 2 vehicles.

I wonder if i can fit a 6.6L Turbo Diesel in it

Unread 06-04-2008, 03:57 PM   #2
4pointOH1998
2013 JK Wrangler 

If it were me, I would first just figure out how serious I am about wheeling. If you don't plan on wheeling much, I'd cut the XJ free so it can have a good home elsewhere.
4pointOH1998 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-04-2008, 03:58 PM   #3
specvceps
1999 TJ Wrangler 

someone click free please!!

As far as how serious about wheeling, well i love mudding, and might get into crawling....i feel bad mudding my truck, i guess thats where the cherokee comes into play

I have the tools and the skills to build a badass off-roader

i figure the money for it will trickle in over time...

now i only need to find a place to wheel... theres not much around philadelphia.
Unread 06-04-2008, 05:39 PM   #4
00XJ00
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by specvceps View Post
So heres the deal, i dont really drive this thing. I have a duramax diesel as a daily driver, and quite frankly cant even remember the last time i drove the cherokee.

I can either sell it, and pay off a bill or two, or i can keep it and build it into a mudder or crawler.

What would you do?

Post any ideas, pictures, whatever. If you wanna buy it, $ 2500 takes it

Daily Driver ... on Hummer wheels and 35" BFG AT's

The Heap ... pretty much stock except for the 0630 head i put on there to replace the 0331

It makes no sense to even register the jeep and insure it, as i wouldn't really be saving any money with the added costs of maintaining, registering, insuring, and driving 2 vehicles.

I wonder if i can fit a 6.6L Turbo Diesel in it
No Click... Build it into a crawler and tow it with the bowtie.
00XJ00 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-04-2008, 05:44 PM   #5
specvceps
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I was considering selling this one and picking up an older one to use as a crawler... not a big fan of the cali emissions or airbags here...

i wish i kept my 91 briarwood..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.