Need help finding part or finding a way to fix the problem. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Need help finding part or finding a way to fix the problem.

NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDUSA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4Rugged Ridge Modular XHD Snorkel Now for both 3.8L and 3.6

Unread 11-18-2009, 05:48 PM   #1
tbone64
1988 XJ Cherokee 

Need help finding part or finding a way to fix the problem.

I was installing lift hatch shocks on my 88 Limited and 1 of the ball mounts broke. Can't find them at the local parts store's and the dealer want's 6.50 each and has to order them. Does anyone have any info or ideas.

tbone64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2009, 06:03 PM   #2
Kettles
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Your complaining about paying 6.50? just wait the few days it takes the dealer to get them, its not like if you got them online it would be any faster. Doubt anything local but a JY would have anything that would work.
_.(o)_)__.(o)_)--o-)_)
"Dee", a Patriot Blue 2001 Cherokee Sport 4.0L High-Output Pictures Build Thread
The Rocket Sheep
"Live Free Or Die; Death Is Not The Worst of Evils." -General John Stark
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedbucket View Post
perfect depends on how far away you are when you look at it:D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millermagic View Post
It's a 4.0 ... as long as there's something in the crank case that isn't coolant I'm sure it will still run forever.
Kettles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2009, 09:20 PM   #3
tbone64
1988 XJ Cherokee 

I didn't expect to get smart a** remarks, just asked for a little help, guess I'll stick to the other forums. Have you ever heard: If you ain't got something good to say, don't say anything at all?
Unread 11-19-2009, 08:35 AM   #4
Kettles
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Hey I wasn't being a smart ***. I am sorry if it came off that way. I was wondering if becasue it was 6.50 you didn't want to order from them, or the fact it would take a few days?

My suggestion was to order them from the dealer. Then maybe while you wait you could keep looking. If you found something cheaper before the dealer got them in you could tell the dealer nevermind. Maybe I didn't word it as efficiently as I could have. And you are on a public forum, you need to expect to get some unwanted responses and you need to learn to ignore them. Becasue yes there are *******s and smartasses out there and they seem to know how to use the internet (much to our dismay, lol).

Given that no one else has responded in about 15 hours now I would assume not many people have had the same problem and have any suggestions. I would have ordered them on the spot when you found out the price, and you would have them a day earlier (then if you ordered them today). I would bet your only other option is online or at a junk yard. Online wont be any faster or cheaper (after shipping) and the jy ones might break too.

Again I am sorry if you thought I was being a smart ***, I was merely giving you my opinion that you asked for. But maybe I shouldn't do that?
_.(o)_)__.(o)_)--o-)_)
"Dee", a Patriot Blue 2001 Cherokee Sport 4.0L High-Output Pictures Build Thread
The Rocket Sheep
Quote:
Quote:
It's a 4.0 ... as long as there's something in the crank case that isn't coolant I'm sure it will still run forever.
Unread 11-19-2009, 06:45 PM   #5
tbone64
1988 XJ Cherokee 

I will apoligize for that, and yes it kind of came across that way. No hard feelings here. Just for anyone that wants to know Napa has a ballstud replacement, part #735-1896. It's a general purpose thing not for a specific vehicle. We tried it and it worked, $2.49 each, bought 4 for $10 and some change. Hope some of you can use the info.
Unread 11-19-2009, 07:32 PM   #6
Jason845
2003 TJ Wrangler 

A yard stick is 39 cents at home depot
Unread 11-19-2009, 07:34 PM   #7
Kettles
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason845 View Post
A yard stick is 39 cents at home depot
lol.

OP,
glad you found something that works!
_.(o)_)__.(o)_)--o-)_)
The Rocket Sheep
Quote:
Quote:
Unread 11-19-2009, 10:24 PM   #8
Jeepy84
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Stick from a tree is free Seriously though, thats some good advice on the part numbers. Too bad the topic title won't clue anyone in on this in the future.
Unread 11-20-2009, 01:32 AM   #9
chris87xj
Jeepaholic

1987 XJ Cherokee 

Too bad I just last week threw away my old hatch shocks when cleaning up the garage.
I know better than to throw any jeep part away even if it doesn't work anymore.

"You can set my jeep on fire and roll it down a hill,
But I still wouldn't trade it for a Coupe DeVille."

JeepForum.com/IndyORV@Redbird-SRA
COTY 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiser54 View Post
Better to hoard Jeep technical info than old newspapers and the neighbor's mail, I guess.......
ENTER your jeep in the September Cherokee Of The Month contest here!!
chris87xj is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.