need advice/opinions/help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > need advice/opinions/help

Dual Color LED Light Bars White/AmberFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/Bla

Unread 10-31-2010, 03:32 PM   #1
98classic
1998 XJ Cherokee 

need advice/opinions/help

Hey im new to this forum but im not new to jeeps. my first jeep was my first car it was a 1996 jeep Cherokee country edition with around 100,000 miles and i loved it. it was so much fun to drive and it was just an awesome deal. Then i sold that because it started to have some problems and my mom had a 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee special edition and she got a new car and i was driving that jeep for about 2 months but it wasn't the same and i wanted to get a car so my dad sold that jeep and i bought myself a brand new 2008 vw rabbit 5 speed. i had a blast in that car but i was finishing up community college and the school i got into was away and i was sick of car payments so i sold that and just bought a 1998 Jeep Cherokee Classic to bring up to school with me. Its got about 140,XXX miles on it and its in really great shape. My first jeep i wanted to lift it and put tires on it but my dad wouldn't let me do it, but now im turning 21 in November and i want to treat myself. I want to raise my Cherokee. The problem im having is im away at school and dont have a job currently so i only have so much money saved up. I was wondering if it would be a smart move to lift it. i would only want to lift it max 3' because i dont plan on doing anything extreme i just want something thats practical and wont cost me a arm and a leg. If i should lift it what should lift kit would be the most bag for my buck and would last and have the least about of problems? and also i go to to college at brockport which is by Rochester NY and wondering if there is anything place that specializes in installing lift kits in jeeps. any thoughts and opinions would be very helpful and sorry for telling you guys my life story lol

98classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2010, 04:01 PM   #2
jeepkid03
Winning

2000 XJ Cherokee 

The Rough Country 3" lift with full leaf packs is your best bang for the buck. You could get the cheaper Add-A-Leaf, but they ride stiffer and will sag over time.

Jeep XJ Suspension Lift

My 0331 Head Swap How-To Thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/0...hread-1371398/

Build Thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m...build-1119997/
jeepkid03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2010, 05:59 AM   #3
klarendonkid
1998 XJ Cherokee 

i also go to the college at brockport... what color is your jeep? which lot do you usually park in?
Unread 11-01-2010, 10:07 AM   #4
98classic
1998 XJ Cherokee 

i usually park in v lot how about you? you know any places around here to take them off roading?
98classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2010, 10:47 AM   #5
klarendonkid
1998 XJ Cherokee 

i park in o, right next to the union.

as for off roading, its all pretty much private property. i dont really know of any parks in the area.

Tags
advice , cherokee , help needed , lift advice , opinions

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.