nates4x4 winch bumper for my jeep cherokee xj - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > nates4x4 winch bumper for my jeep cherokee xj

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 03-16-2011, 09:53 AM   #46
JeepXJMike20
1996 XJ Cherokee 

I am going to go pick up my recessed winch bumper in a few hours i am so excited.

JeepXJMike20 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-16-2011, 01:55 PM   #47
JeepXJMike20
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Hey guys here is pictures of my recessed winch bumper for my jeep cherokee sport and i got back from picking it up and got a quote from a body shop for a $150-200 for a gloss black finish.

what do you guys think it? it is a great solid bumper welded through d ring tabs and i got the hardware kit free. i cant wait to get it painted and put it on my jeep. i am going to keep all you guys updated on the process.
Unread 03-16-2011, 03:31 PM   #48
BarryB
1997 XJ Cherokee 

I'm stoked !!! Got a front AND a rear w/tire carrier coming.
BarryB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-16-2011, 04:45 PM   #49
imthehink
2005 WK 

I wouldn't pay that much to have it painted if your bumper is going to get "used" cause its going to get scratched and scuffed. If its going to see the street most of the time then go for it. But your quote does seem to be a bit much. If your going to have it painted, powder coat it, it will hold up better. Bumper looks good
imthehink is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-16-2011, 04:55 PM   #50
BarryB
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by imthehink View Post
I wouldn't pay that much to have it painted if your bumper is going to get "used" cause its going to get scratched and scuffed. If its going to see the street most of the time then go for it. But your quote does seem to be a bit much. If your going to have it painted, powder coat it, it will hold up better. Bumper looks good
Concur. That price is about the price of a quality powdercoat job... I was quoted $550+ for 2 bumpers. Shop I'm having look at Nates to possibly mod them says that is a high quote. They can do it cheaper. FYI.
BarryB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-16-2011, 08:30 PM   #51
JeepXJMike20
1996 XJ Cherokee 

thanks guys cant wait to install it.
Unread 05-01-2011, 09:44 PM   #52
JeepXJMike20
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Hey guys posting updates. Got my custom recessed winch bumper painted from the shop. installed earlier today
but had to go to work so i rushed and didnt got to take pictures of install i did cut my front panels and flares to it was necessary.

Unread 05-01-2011, 10:10 PM   #53
dcorn
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Damn, nice paint job. Aren't you gonna scratch the hell out of it anyway?
Unread 05-02-2011, 07:16 AM   #54
JeepXJMike20
1996 XJ Cherokee 

my jeep is more for the roads but i am going to take it to the orv park coming up soon and during the summer. its going to be used a bit.
Unread 05-03-2011, 11:19 AM   #55
JeepXJMike20
1996 XJ Cherokee 

got the custom recessed winch bumper installed and wanted to follow up on this for you guys.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.