nates4x4 winch bumper for my jeep cherokee xj - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > nates4x4 winch bumper for my jeep cherokee xj

ARTEC JK UNDER ARMOR - 4 door Bellypan KitsPoison Spyder DeFender Inner Fender KitsCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 03-04-2011, 12:33 PM   #31
JeepXJMike20
1996 XJ Cherokee 

I am going to order this bumper. i talked to nate on the phone and i got to call him back tomorrow and he is going put in my order and give me a good deal on the recessed winch bumper. He is in midland michigan and It a 30 minute drive out there from where i live. I am diffently going to order the bumper.

JeepXJMike20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2011, 03:56 PM   #32
BarryB
1997 XJ Cherokee 

I just ordered a pair..... I will post up on quality, etc. Pretty sure I'll be happy with what I get. So far, customer service has been very good.

Barry
BarryB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2011, 04:13 PM   #33
imthehink
2005 WK 

I'm very satisfied with my rear bumper from him. Quality and durability for a great price. Yes there are better looking bumpers, but why pay way more money for looks? Function over form.
imthehink is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2011, 04:21 PM   #34
BarryB
1997 XJ Cherokee 

I like good looking stuff, but a Hanson set or Warn set, which is only so nice, not optimal, $2300. REALLY nice shop down my way, $2500 for a V E R Y nice set of custom bumpers. Can't see that coin on my jeep. But that's me.

I may get the shop to mod slightly the nate's rear, maybe. Not sure it needs it. But I got the option.
BarryB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2011, 08:18 PM   #35
JeepXJMike20
1996 XJ Cherokee 

alright guys I am going to order the recessed winch bumper. its looks like a solid/strong and good looking winch bumper. is it recommended from you guys?
Unread 03-04-2011, 10:39 PM   #36
CKUPQ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by imthehink View Post
No offense, but the bumper would look better without the large gap between the fender.
So I'm not the only one that is bothered by this.

I also saw lines on the Nate's bumpers that I would cut and redo. Most notably the tips of the front bumper (too wide), the general shape of the front bumper (mostly to make it flow better), and the over hang of the rear bumper (Ghetto booty).
CKUPQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2011, 06:10 AM   #37
Jeeeper4life
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I too had problems deciding which winch bumper to buy. I really liked the pre-runner style but was worried about strength. Then I found this bumper from Jeepin Outfitters and was sold!!! It hugs the body well along the grill and tucks in nicely at the fenders. Has two good points for mounting tow hooks and I added some home made light tabs.

It is somewhat on the high side of price but after getting this bumper I know quality and strength is there.

http://www.jeepinoutfitters.com/scri...?idproduct=653
Jeeeper4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2011, 08:49 AM   #38
JeepXJMike20
1996 XJ Cherokee 

I like nates 4x4 recessed winch bumper. i am going to order this from the phone and he is Midland MI 30 minutes from me.
Unread 03-05-2011, 01:48 PM   #39
JeepXJMike20
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Alright guys I order the recessed winch bumper and my total is $325 he gave me a good deal on it. should have it on the 18th.
Unread 03-05-2011, 05:52 PM   #40
Jeeeper4life
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Great, just make sure you post pics once installed. Happy trails.
Jeeeper4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2011, 09:21 PM   #41
JeepXJMike20
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeeper4life View Post
Great, just make sure you post pics once installed. Happy trails.
yeah I am going to pick it up when it is ready i am going to keep it in the garage and prep it and paint it gloss black. I am going to post it in my build thread and post it on here for you guys. the thing is a winch comes later I am going to save up for a winch. but cant wait to go get the bumper.
Unread 03-06-2011, 09:57 AM   #42
jeeepguy
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKUPQ View Post
So I'm not the only one that is bothered by this.

I also saw lines on the Nate's bumpers that I would cut and redo. Most notably the tips of the front bumper (too wide), the general shape of the front bumper (mostly to make it flow better), and the over hang of the rear bumper (Ghetto booty).

I'm not a fan of the looks of Nate's bumpers. Yes, function is important, but typically form follows function and thats definately lacking in Nate's bumpers.

I went with the RIgidco FbW bumper as the mounting system is unmatched and the bumper has excellent lines and fitment.

"Great danger lies in the notion that we can reason with evil"
Doug Patton
Quote:
...We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. ...I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post...
Quote:
I bought the HI-WAY BLASTER HORN that's 139dB and every time I honk the horn an Angel dies.
Quote:
Revelation 13:16-18
16 - He causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their foreheads,
17 - and that no one may buy or sell except one who has the mark or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
18 - Here is wisdom. Let him who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man: (Real ID and RFID chips)
Think about it...
jeeepguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2011, 01:44 PM   #43
JeepXJMike20
1996 XJ Cherokee 

i like nates 4x4 bumpers the recessed winch bumper and its going to work great and look so good. best thing he is 30 minutes away from me. his customer service isnt bad and his products are great in my opinion. I am going to post pics up when i am going to go pick it up when it is ready. I am going to post pics up here and in my build thread for you guys.
Unread 03-15-2011, 05:11 PM   #44
JeepXJMike20
1996 XJ Cherokee 

alright guys updates for you guys i got a call from nate4x4 for my recessed winch bumper i am going to go pick it up tomorrow. didnt expect a call till friday. I am going to post pics up soon and i am going to have to prep it and paint it gloss black. the choice now is to take to a shop and paint it or wait till summer to paint it my self.
Unread 03-15-2011, 08:06 PM   #45
imthehink
2005 WK 

I painted mine with the bedliner in the spray can, it has held up and turned out great. If it does chip, its cheap and easy to fix.
imthehink is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.