MY new XJ - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > MY new XJ

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 03-26-2010, 09:11 AM   #1
USAFRecon

MY new XJ

Sup everybody, number 2 Jeep for me. This time XJ
96 Cherokee Sport. AW4, I6, Unknown Lift, Cooper 33x12.50R15s wrapped around what appears to be Outlaw II rims. And from what I can tell it has the 242 TC and the HP30 in it with the 8.25 out back. 144K on the odo and got this thing for only $2,000. Now I want the 97+ front clip and a console with cup holders, how do I do this? Any other crazy things to watch out for on these XJs would be appreciated. And now on with the pics.

So here is the dead side of it, can you tell what lift I have? 33'' tires 15'' wheels

The only real thing wrong with the outside, dented rear door:

The diff, holy cow this thing is rusty...

What do you guys think?

USAFRecon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-26-2010, 09:16 AM   #2
4pointOH1998
2013 JK Wrangler 

Looks pretty cool Jason
4pointOH1998 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-26-2010, 09:22 AM   #3
taythegibs
2001 XJ Cherokee 

dang, i want it..... i bet you had to put your other jeep projects on hold though
taythegibs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-26-2010, 09:41 AM   #4
teamskiawa
1999 XJ Cherokee 

it looks like a RC lower control arm
_.(o)_)__(o)_)--o-)_)

i hope this isnt a major problem if so i hope its cheap
teamskiawa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-26-2010, 11:26 AM   #5
Nightwalker
1979 CJ5 

You ***.

Gettin stuff I want, but kan't afford.

Go eat some German food.

[SIZE="3"][B][COLOR="Red"]"Give Life" Donate a pint of blood.[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]

"This place is like a fine drug.

It's easy to start, hard to quit, you lose sleep over it, you lose money because of it, and you put up with alot of **** from some people associated with it. But no matter what you never wanna give it up."

Can't sleep?
Join [url]http://www.nightcrew.org/index.php[/url]
Nightwalker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-26-2010, 01:13 PM   #6
Apostle
2013 JK Wrangler 

those flares look like crap, but since im a nice guy i'll take them off your hands

i'll even pay shipping

[CENTER]You'll get over it[/CENTER]

[SIZE="1"]"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.”
–Voltaire[/SIZE]
Apostle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-26-2010, 01:51 PM   #7
jeepkid03
Winning

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Nice Jeep! Its kinda hard to tell with the lift, since the bushwackers are on there. My best guess would be a 4.5" Rough Country Add a leaf, since the rear looks to be a bit lower than the front.

My 0331 Head Swap How-To Thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/0...hread-1371398/

Build Thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m...build-1119997/
jeepkid03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-26-2010, 07:05 PM   #8
Angry_bald_guy
1985 J-Series Truck 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepkid03 View Post
Nice Jeep! Its kinda hard to tell with the lift, since the bushwackers are on there. My best guess would be a 4.5" Rough Country Add a leaf, since the rear looks to be a bit lower than the front.
That's my guess. Mine was about 5 inches and looked about the same on 33's.

[B]A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of the free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.[/B]

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f271/matilda-928184/"][B]My Former Jeep[/B][/URL]

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f57/build-up-jeanine-993071/"][B]My Current Jeep[/B][/URL]

[COLOR="DarkRed"][B]JFI Member #13[/B][/COLOR]
[B][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f7/dont-dishonest-seller-860174/"]Report a scam on JeepForum.[/URL][/B]
Angry_bald_guy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-27-2010, 05:07 AM   #9
USAFRecon

Quote:
Originally Posted by taythegibs View Post
dang, i want it..... i bet you had to put your other jeep projects on hold though
No not really. I have recently came into a bit of money and I have talked to this guy for like 6 months with the price and when I can have it.

First thing is gonna be some AJ's sliders

AJ's OFFROAD ARMOR
Unread 03-27-2010, 09:19 AM   #10
taythegibs
2001 XJ Cherokee 

sounds good and now you have a jeep on the "old side of the pond"
taythegibs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-27-2010, 03:59 PM   #11
KINGSB
1998 XJ Cherokee 

It looks like you are missing a lug nut in the tire picture.
Unread 03-27-2010, 06:57 PM   #12
USAFRecon

Yea I know, gonna find a lug to put on. First I gotta fix the driver's door. The drivers door was locked, and now will not open from the inside or outside, and the lock button has been pushed to unlock and still nothing. Dangit!
Unread 03-27-2010, 07:02 PM   #13
corndogduff

It's ugly. You should probably nuke it from orbit
UT Jeepcrew #13
NIGHTCREW
corndogduff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-27-2010, 07:17 PM   #14
USAFRecon

Duff, I was just thinkin about you and where you were. I think I should paint it to match yours
Unread 03-27-2010, 08:05 PM   #15
Jeep89JV
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Looks good, how bad are the ujoints under there. Thats a lot of rust

[I][B]My Build Thread:[/B][/I][url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/broke-kid-build-96-xj-1007038/[/url]

[B][I]New Mexico Driving Rules...[/I][/B][LIST][*]As a general rule, the vehicle most in need of a significant amount of bodywork (for which the driver is most likely uninsured) always has the right of way.[*]Never use directional signals when changing lanes. They only serve to give away your next move, causing most NM drivers to speed up and not let you in. In fact, use of directional signals within most large NM city limits is actual illegal.[*]NM law states that at least 50% of all paved surfaces within the state must be under construction at any one time. In all construction zones, at least half of the available lanes must be closed, regardless of whether any actual construction is be accomplished or not. Construction signs shall be regularly repositioned in order to warn drivers about upcoming lane closures immediately after they pass the last exit before traffic backups.
[*]Driving through constructions zones with upcoming lane closures is a popular game in NM. It’s called the "speed up and pass as many cars as you can, then see how close to the lane closure you can squeeze back into traffic before hitting any of the orange construction barrels" game.[/LIST]
Jeep89JV is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.