My Jeep Is Done!!! - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > My Jeep Is Done!!!

Bill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 08-24-2008, 10:44 PM   #16
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

gotta love a dirty jeep..and those are some wide tires!

lookin sweet man.

Unread 08-24-2008, 11:31 PM   #17
littleblackXj
1993 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcticcat843 View Post
Hahha, I love that picture! I love how the mud completely caked your airfilter.
30/44 4.88s Disks all around
Rear Detroit/Open front
littleblackXj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2008, 04:19 AM   #18
Arcticcat843
dakuda is a god

1980 CJ5 

yeah, needless to say, it wasnt running anymore after that hole. Belt was off too. I did start it up (Like that) and drive it to the top of the hill then got towed back to the trailer and drove it on there.
Arcticcat843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2008, 11:44 AM   #19
epix

Great pics Josh. couple more feet and your Jeep would have been a mud submarine!
Unread 08-25-2008, 12:07 PM   #20
1990JEEPXJ
Web Wheeler

1990 XJ Cherokee 

maybe you should invest in a snorkel or somehow seal off the air filter. looking good though

My POS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Dillard View Post
Yea, and I thought it was one of the 11 Commandments:
11) Thou shalt love, cherish, and honor till death, thine square headlights above all other earthy things sayith the Lord.
1990JEEPXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2008, 01:33 PM   #21
Arcticcat843
dakuda is a god

1980 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1990JEEPXJ View Post
maybe you should invest in a snorkel or somehow seal off the air filter. looking good though
Its on the list....Right below the v8 swap (winter project maybe)

Im leaning towards a 302. My buddy has one with a c6 tranny for 300 bucks. it has all the power streering pump and alt and everything too. Of course i would rebuild it and maybe throw in a cam and some heads but i think it will help with my power issues.

And before anyone asks, no 5.13s are NOT enough to turn these tires. I know everyone says 4.88 for 35s but i dont know, maybe it is because these tires are so wide and heavy. It would spin them and everything but it needed more power!
Unread 08-25-2008, 03:53 PM   #22
Mr_Clickerson
1994 XJ Cherokee 

I would not be able to handle getting a Jeep (or anything) that dirty... Unless of course there was no carpet... Anyway, looks like you had fun, and that's all that counts. Awesome pictures.
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward; whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For wounded man shall say to his assailant, "if I live, I will kill you- if I die, you are forgiven;" such as the rule of honor.
Mr_Clickerson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2008, 06:02 PM   #23
Arcticcat843
dakuda is a god

1980 CJ5 

My carpet went a Long time ago. all herculiner with drain holes now. All i do is take a hose and spay everything out. Even the seats, if they get really wet then i just dont drive it a couple days until they dry. lol

Anyways, it is half way cleaned up now. It takes about 4 times after a good swaping like that. This was 2.

I threw a new belt on it too. Also found my front end grind, i had a small rock inside the front u joint.
i also found out that at some point my rear axle vent line came off. So tomarrow im going to drain that out and start over there.
Unread 09-07-2008, 07:26 AM   #24
hxcjohnny
2002 WJ 

haha dang man. you really do wheel it don't ya. i make people knock off their shoes before they get in mine haha.

that air filter is nasty lol! that looks like a ton of fun though, I wish we had somewhere like that around here
Unread 09-07-2008, 07:30 AM   #25
Arcticcat843
dakuda is a god

1980 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hxcjohnny View Post
haha dang man. you really do wheel it don't ya. i make people knock off their shoes before they get in mine haha.

that air filter is nasty lol! that looks like a ton of fun though, I wish we had somewhere like that around here
yeah im not to worried about getting it muddy inside, i just spray it out with a hose.
snorkle is in my future trust me.

And no you are lucky you dont have a place like this, that way that doesnt happen to you...

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.