My First XJ - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > My First XJ

XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Vanco Big Brake Kit Promotion!

Unread 03-16-2013, 08:43 AM   #61
Project1
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I think i may get some LED's too... post up some before/after shots

Unread 03-16-2013, 08:42 PM   #62
YJeeper89
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project1
I think i may get some LED's too... post up some before/after shots
Will do! Amazon says they should be here wednesday
Unread 03-18-2013, 11:48 PM   #63
YJeeper89
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Rolled past 176K today on my way home from school still running strong! Nothing major to report, patiently awaiting my LED's for the cluster upgrade. Also trying to finally wire up my Helllas but weather is not permitting I discovered a distributor chirp over the weekend but only needed a shot of PB with the help of the XJ guys on here. Also had a check engine light come on over the weekend, turns out that whoever replaced the emission purging pump/switch thing installed it upside down so a simple flip and the light is gone and i seem to be getting better mpg
0318131556.jpg  

Last edited by YJeeper89; 03-18-2013 at 11:50 PM.. Reason: oversized pic -___-
YJeeper89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-19-2013, 07:31 PM   #64
YJeeper89
1999 XJ Cherokee 

ordered the wrong LED's for my dash, FML! ordered 194 instead of 74, noob move. Anyways i got my dash all apart for the swap so i just replaced the stock bulbs because about 3 out of 5 were blown, so the dash is a p*ss yellow color now. Also while listening to the radio with just ignition on i managed to almost kill my battery, tried to fire it up and it was a long slow crank but she turned over but died immediately. I found out that the only way to get it to run right after that is rev it to hell once or twice, and the smell of gas comes around almost like it floods itself, it has done this a few times now and im not sure what it is but only seems to happen when the battery is low. Got my roof lights about 60% wired up, just gotta run the wires to the switch and battery and fuse box. Unless a new alternator is in my near future

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.