My First XJ - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 64 Old 02-13-2013, 01:29 PM Thread Starter
YJeeper89
Registered User
1996 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Largo, FL
Posts: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasGT

I apologize, no sarcasm here. I am 6'2" and the rearview was always in my way before. I flipped it upside down so now it tucks up next to my headliner. Feels like my windshield got bigger and visibility out the back is improved too. Considering it takes 5 seconds to do, it really is a neat little trick, especially if you are on the tall side.
Ah i see, yeah i'll have to try it out! im planning on taking off the door trim today to get a cleaner look


1989 Wrangler Islander: SOLD
1999 Cherokee Sport: SOLD
1996 Cherokee Country project
YJeeper89 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #17 of 64 Old 02-13-2013, 02:29 PM
VegasGT
Registered User
1988 MJ Comanche 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Leitchfield, KY
Posts: 5,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by YJeeper89 View Post
Ah i see, yeah i'll have to try it out! im planning on taking off the door trim today to get a cleaner look
Good choice, thats one of the first things I did. Looks much cleaner.

- '88 MJ Pioneer -
Build In Progress
- '04 Sierra Z71 Crew Cab -
Daily/TowPig
VegasGT is offline  
post #18 of 64 Old 02-14-2013, 03:42 PM Thread Starter
YJeeper89
Registered User
1996 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Largo, FL
Posts: 155
Here is what she looks like now, only took me about 4 hours to get the glue off of both sides. I used a piece of rubber hose and my fingernail, I'm liking the look so far My buddy helped me choose a name for her too, Fiona. I'm also looking into the Rusty's 4.5" lift, any thoughts?
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  

1989 Wrangler Islander: SOLD
1999 Cherokee Sport: SOLD
1996 Cherokee Country project
YJeeper89 is offline  
post #19 of 64 Old 02-14-2013, 04:05 PM
VegasGT
Registered User
1988 MJ Comanche 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Leitchfield, KY
Posts: 5,390
Looks great! Very clean XJ as a starting point.

I have limited experience with Rusty's aside from running some of their coils in the past. Nothing bad to say about them, but I know a lot of people are weary of any of their products with a joint in it (such as trackbar). I wont go spreading interwebz hearsay because I have no firsthand experience with it. Im sure that would do just fine though. Ive ran RC's 4.5" setup in the past up front with no complaints either, and just ordered Rubicon Express 4.5" parts for this go around.

Whatever you get, I think you are making a wise choice by jumping straight to 4.5". With the exception of a few people with LCG style builds, 3" will just make you wish you had gone bigger from the start.

- '88 MJ Pioneer -
Build In Progress
- '04 Sierra Z71 Crew Cab -
Daily/TowPig
VegasGT is offline  
post #20 of 64 Old 02-14-2013, 04:17 PM
Luke95
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Harwinton
Posts: 5,168
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasGT
Looks great! Very clean XJ as a starting point.

I have limited experience with Rusty's aside from running some of their coils in the past. Nothing bad to say about them, but I know a lot of people are weary of any of their products with a joint in it (such as trackbar). I wont go spreading interwebz hearsay because I have no firsthand experience with it. Im sure that would do just fine though. Ive ran RC's 4.5" setup in the past up front with no complaints either, and just ordered Rubicon Express 4.5" parts for this go around.

Whatever you get, I think you are making a wise choice by jumping straight to 4.5". With the exception of a few people with LCG style builds, 3" will just make you wish you had gone bigger from the start.
I'm lcg so I dig it, but me and my sawsall and angle grinder a good friends!

5.2 ZJ Pushing a dana 30 as far as it will go.
Luke95 is offline  
post #21 of 64 Old 02-14-2013, 06:40 PM
thedude30425
Registered User
1989 MJ Comanche 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 63
Sorry to point out the obvious but, DAMN!! Your rear leafs are in bad shape..
Good Luck with the build!
thedude30425 is offline  
post #22 of 64 Old 02-14-2013, 06:47 PM
jorban
Registered User
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Gainesville
Posts: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasGT View Post
I apologize, no sarcasm here. I am 6'2" and the rearview was always in my way before. I flipped it upside down so now it tucks up next to my headliner. Feels like my windshield got bigger and visibility out the back is improved too. Considering it takes 5 seconds to do, it really is a neat little trick, especially if you are on the tall side.
I'm gonna have to try this.
jorban is offline  
post #23 of 64 Old 02-14-2013, 08:37 PM Thread Starter
YJeeper89
Registered User
1996 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Largo, FL
Posts: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedude30425
Sorry to point out the obvious but, DAMN!! Your rear leafs are in bad shape..
Good Luck with the build!
Thanks! And yeah, thats why im looking for a good lift that includes the spring packs. Im also looking into the LED gauge cluster... Does anybody have experience with this?

1989 Wrangler Islander: SOLD
1999 Cherokee Sport: SOLD
1996 Cherokee Country project
YJeeper89 is offline  
post #24 of 64 Old 02-14-2013, 08:39 PM Thread Starter
YJeeper89
Registered User
1996 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Largo, FL
Posts: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasGT
Looks great! Very clean XJ as a starting point.

I have limited experience with Rusty's aside from running some of their coils in the past. Nothing bad to say about them, but I know a lot of people are weary of any of their products with a joint in it (such as trackbar). I wont go spreading interwebz hearsay because I have no firsthand experience with it. Im sure that would do just fine though. Ive ran RC's 4.5" setup in the past up front with no complaints either, and just ordered Rubicon Express 4.5" parts for this go around.

Whatever you get, I think you are making a wise choice by jumping straight to 4.5". With the exception of a few people with LCG style builds, 3" will just make you wish you had gone bigger from the start.
Thanks! Shes not perfect but then again, its a Jeep! This is all good info

1989 Wrangler Islander: SOLD
1999 Cherokee Sport: SOLD
1996 Cherokee Country project
YJeeper89 is offline  
post #25 of 64 Old 02-14-2013, 08:42 PM
moses21
Registered User
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: hamburg
Posts: 738
Quote:
Originally Posted by YJeeper89 View Post

Thanks! And yeah, thats why im looking for a good lift that includes the spring packs. Im also looking into the LED gauge cluster... Does anybody have experience with this?
I put leds in my 99 not to long ago. Let me know if you need any help.
moses21 is offline  
post #26 of 64 Old 02-15-2013, 06:52 PM Thread Starter
YJeeper89
Registered User
1996 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Largo, FL
Posts: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by moses21

I put leds in my 99 not to long ago. Let me know if you need any help.
Do you know what size the bulbs were behind the dash and for the HVAC controls? Also did you replace your 4WD and gear selector lights?

1989 Wrangler Islander: SOLD
1999 Cherokee Sport: SOLD
1996 Cherokee Country project
YJeeper89 is offline  
post #27 of 64 Old 02-15-2013, 07:09 PM
moses21
Registered User
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: hamburg
Posts: 738
these are the bulbs i used for my cluster. Haven't got around to doing 4WD and gear selectors.
https://www.superbrightleds.com/more...edge-base/228/
moses21 is offline  
post #28 of 64 Old 02-15-2013, 07:23 PM
topalmer4
Registered User
2001 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Myakka City
Posts: 269
Future plans is to make this right?

image-1901158002.jpg

Say Goodbye To your Bank Account, Say Hello To Your New Jeep :D
topalmer4 is offline  
post #29 of 64 Old 02-15-2013, 07:27 PM Thread Starter
YJeeper89
Registered User
1996 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Largo, FL
Posts: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by moses21
these are the bulbs i used for my cluster. Haven't got around to doing 4WD and gear selectors.
https://www.superbrightleds.com/more...edge-base/228/
Exactly how many do i need of these? You wouldnt happen to have a picture of your cluster lit up would you? I am curious to see what it looks like, thanks!

1989 Wrangler Islander: SOLD
1999 Cherokee Sport: SOLD
1996 Cherokee Country project
YJeeper89 is offline  
post #30 of 64 Old 02-15-2013, 07:28 PM Thread Starter
YJeeper89
Registered User
1996 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Largo, FL
Posts: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by topalmer4
Future plans is to make this right?
No tom, i would rather keep it stock than to hack it to pieces like that

1989 Wrangler Islander: SOLD
1999 Cherokee Sport: SOLD
1996 Cherokee Country project
YJeeper89 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome