My Detour's Carrier bumper - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > My Detour's Carrier bumper

Brand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 08-17-2010, 05:28 PM   #16
Fury3
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303_XJ View Post
What was the total price plus shipping? If you dont mind me asking
PM sent

2K Cherokee UpCountry 4.0 AW4 w/4.5" lift, Front Spartan, Rear Aussie, AA's Sye, Swapped in HP D30 and 8.25, Yukon front and G2 rear shafts and 4.56 gears, Tom Woods drive shaft, Warn's Hub Conversion, Crown's rear disc conversion, JKS shackles, Quick Discos, ACOS and Upper Arms, RC shackle relocaters, drop brackets and X-Flex lower arms, JCR's TCase Skid, Skid Row's belly pan and LC arm skids, AJ's rails, Logan's front bumper, Detours' rear bumper carrier, XRC8 winch, BlackRock 16 x 8 wheels with 33" TreadWrights, Napier's Flares, Rust, dents and scratches.
Fury3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2010, 05:33 PM   #17
Fury3
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spokes View Post
looks great!!! u got a purty xj!!!
Why thank ye!

2K Cherokee UpCountry 4.0 AW4 w/4.5" lift, Front Spartan, Rear Aussie, AA's Sye, Swapped in HP D30 and 8.25, Yukon front and G2 rear shafts and 4.56 gears, Tom Woods drive shaft, Warn's Hub Conversion, Crown's rear disc conversion, JKS shackles, Quick Discos, ACOS and Upper Arms, RC shackle relocaters, drop brackets and X-Flex lower arms, JCR's TCase Skid, Skid Row's belly pan and LC arm skids, AJ's rails, Logan's front bumper, Detours' rear bumper carrier, XRC8 winch, BlackRock 16 x 8 wheels with 33" TreadWrights, Napier's Flares, Rust, dents and scratches.
Unread 08-17-2010, 05:47 PM   #18
LiquidPT
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fury3 View Post
The lift gate is the ol' stock steel one that came with the jeep, Mine's a 2000
Sorry, for some reason I thought I read 1990 somewhere... Ya, that's the liftgate I expected on a 2000. (For the record, I think the pre-1997 liftgates are fiberglass, so the "old" steel one you've got is a new design)

Anyone know if 1997+ liftgate fits on a 1991?
LiquidPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2010, 11:37 AM   #19
GregB_00XJ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidPT View Post
Sorry, for some reason I thought I read 1990 somewhere... Ya, that's the liftgate I expected on a 2000. (For the record, I think the pre-1997 liftgates are fiberglass, so the "old" steel one you've got is a new design)

Anyone know if 1997+ liftgate fits on a 1991?
I believe it does, but you need to swap out your tail lights for the newer ones as well. "Should" be a direct swap...but others will know better than I do on this.

OP, looks great!! I need to get on ordering one of these.
G

____=__=
l l ,[_____],
l---- L -[]lllllll[]-

()_) ()_)--o-)_)
GregB_00XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2010, 12:29 PM   #20
Fury3
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregB_00XJ View Post
I believe it does, but you need to swap out your tail lights for the newer ones as well. "Should" be a direct swap...but others will know better than I do on this.

OP, looks great!! I need to get on ordering one of these.
G
Thanks.

I've been running it for awhile now and have hit the trails quite few times even bashing a tree with it. No Rattles or groans, You won't be dissapointed.

Unread 08-25-2013, 05:46 PM   #21
mnewxcv
2000 XJ Cherokee 

I know this is an old thread, but I'm having issues installing my slimline. the diamond plating on the sides is very tight to the body, and when I mock it up, the tailgate hits the bumper on the corners. Has anyone had this issue? Anyone have pics of how it lines up around your tailgate or tail lights?
mnewxcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2013, 01:11 PM   #22
Fury3
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnewxcv View Post
I know this is an old thread, but I'm having issues installing my slimline. the diamond plating on the sides is very tight to the body, and when I mock it up, the tailgate hits the bumper on the corners. Has anyone had this issue? Anyone have pics of how it lines up around your tailgate or tail lights?
That's odd. if you look at my pics the gate definitely clears the corners. Are you sure you have the mounting hardware installed correctly? Do you have any pics?

Unread 10-01-2013, 08:13 PM   #23
mnewxcv
2000 XJ Cherokee 

I ended up cutting up the bumper. cut off the wings on the sides and had to cut part of the top on both sides where the hatch was hitting. no idea why it didnt fit right, it was used and was on another xj before without issues. I think it looks sweet still though, gonna cut it a little more and then bondo it smooth. waiting for a latch for my tire carrier and I'll be set.
mnewxcv is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.